Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Configurator without prices for Porsche Code?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 02:25 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Configurator without prices for Porsche Code?

I'm ordering a new 911, and my family and friends know I'm a gearhead through and through and am really into cars. They're all excited for me and think it's fun to see the latest car. However, many of them are in school or careers where a car like this is just well beyond their reach today. This has never been an issue for anyone, but I want to do my part to make sure that doesn't change.

With how prominently the pricing is displayed in the configurator, there is a chance the pricing numbers would make as much of an impression as the visualization of the car on some. That said, the configurator visualizations are really neat. Is there a way to get a visualized configuration without the pricing?

About the best I've come up with is printing the brochure to PDF and showing the pictures from that. I'd love to hear if there is a better way.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:08 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 542 Likes on 206 Posts

Try going to the Porsche.com website, pick Europe as your continent, scroll down and choose "other countries." You should be able to go to a configurator with no prices.

link below:

http://www.porsche.com/international...modelrange=911
Old 08-19-2016, 03:30 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

When I was building my car I would take screenshots of the 3D configurator from various angles and save them as JPG, that might work for you? I still have them on my computer too, see below... ahh those were the days.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:30 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Thanks - that works great!
Old 08-19-2016, 03:36 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vise
When I was building my car I would take screenshots of the 3D configurator from various angles and save them as JPG, that might work for you? I still have them on my computer too, see below... ahh those were the days.
After seeing it in full glory with my SA, I really wish I could figure out how to get the 3D configuration to work on my home machines! Great looking car by the way.

I have two windows 10 machines, a MacBook pro, and several portable devices. I've focused on the windows machines but have never been able to get the 3D viewer to work on any of them. I follow the prompts to install it and restart everything, then it just gives the same error saying I need to install the viewer. There must be a browser directory mismatch or something... or I'm missing something really simple.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Yeah it certainly isn't the most robust system out there... I find it only works via Firefox when it decides to work, not sure what brower you've tried. I just checked it myself and it is working ok on my end, Windows 8 with Firefox + Unity Player installed.

I love that the Canada configurator still has the 991 GTS available to build as well even though production is long since done...
Old 08-19-2016, 06:11 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vise
Yeah it certainly isn't the most robust system out there... I find it only works via Firefox when it decides to work, not sure what brower you've tried. I just checked it myself and it is working ok on my end, Windows 8 with Firefox + Unity Player installed.

I love that the Canada configurator still has the 991 GTS available to build as well even though production is long since done...
Well you know, I think a big part of it was just reading comprehension - I have it working now. Thanks!

For anyone not getting it to work, when it takes you to install the unity player there are three tabs that I've ignored in the past. You have to pick a tab to get the installer for the web player.

Quick Reply: Configurator without prices for Porsche Code?