Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: GT2/GT3 Carbon Sport Buckets

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 04:37 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts
Default FS: GT2/GT3 Carbon Sport Buckets

Category: Interior
Price (no $ sign please): $4500
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

Porsche GT2 Sport Buckets. These came out of a 997 GT3 that was wrecked at the track. As a result, the driver's seat is 'tweaked' a bit as you can tell in pictures (seats are reversed in photos from how they came out of the car - driver's seat is on the left looking at it from the front).

The passenger seat is perfect as nobody was riding shotgun, but the right side airbag did deploy and will need to be replaced.

$4500 or best offer.

Would much prefer local pickup but will ship to continental USA at buyer's expense.

Last edited by switchcars; 08-25-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:44 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
Porsche GT2 Sport Buckets. These came out of a 997 GT3 that was wrecked at the track. As a result, the driver's seat is 'tweaked' a bit as you can tell in pictures (seats are reversed in photos from how they came out of the car - driver's seat is on the left looking at it from the front). The carbon is in perfect shape and it appears to be structurally sound, the seat is just tweaked. The passenger seat is perfect as nobody was riding shotgun, but the right side airbag did deploy and will need to be replaced. $5500 or best offer. Would much prefer local pickup but will ship to continental USA at buyer's expense. Lots of other parts coming up for sale. Schroth harnesses, harness bar, wheels, brakes, etc.
I always respect your contributions on this forum but that tweaked seat needs to go into the garbage this minute and not be put into the ecosphere where some unsuspecting buyer may eventually rely on it to save their life in a crash and not know its history full stop

Same goes for the harness or anything else used to save the drivers life - they are all one time items
Old 07-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Porschekalle
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take the tweaked on and make an office chair out of it .. but would never use the seat in a car anymore ..
Old 07-28-2016, 06:50 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschekalle
I'll take the tweaked on and make an office chair out of it .. but would never use the seat in a car anymore ..
Yeah I mean I'll give 500 bucks for it and make a racing simulator seat and paint on the bottom of it in big letters it's a wreck seat - just worry someone else won't and will try to spin it to make a buck on the cost of someone's safety
Old 07-28-2016, 08:25 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
I always respect your contributions on this forum but that tweaked seat needs to go into the garbage this minute and not be put into the ecosphere where some unsuspecting buyer may eventually rely on it to save their life in a crash and not know its history full stop

Same goes for the harness or anything else used to save the drivers life - they are all one time items
More people should take note of this post, having broke many pieces of safety equipment in a different world; safety pieces are meant to do a one-time job, and do it well. After that, everything is compromised and the functional purpose is no longer in tact.

Hope the driver was fine, but would not trust it outside of that.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:20 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Valid points, thank you guys. Price reduced to $4500. That's about the value of the one good seat.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:09 PM
cali_banks
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll give ya 2k
Old 08-27-2016, 09:27 PM
KDAWG97M3
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

But you don't have one good seat, correct? One is tweaked and the second has a deployed airbag? Just trying to understand before I make an offer

Quick Reply: FS: GT2/GT3 Carbon Sport Buckets