Sponsored by:

roll bar question 996 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 04:37 PM
fastforward911
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roll bar question 996 coupe

I have a buddy who has a brand new genuine porsche t equipment roll bar. Should I get the or an aftermarket one like agency power or gmg or bbi, ?I love the stainless look of the factory roll bar.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:39 PM
fastforward911
Cruisin'

It doesn't have a crossbar... what are your thoughts ? And what i's it worth. He want $1700 brand new. ? ?worth it or pass ?
Old 05-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

1700 without cross bars? They are rare at this stage but you can buy a GMG harness bar for that price. For comparison I bought the tequip bar with crossbars for $700 several years back. Ended up selling it because you cannot recline a seat or push it back very far for legroom. The newer bars allow for recline and maximum legroom. If you have the cash BBi all the way... $2500+- if I remember correctly. in addition the bbi mounts to rear shock tower and can be used with bose sub if you have one. If your "buddy" want to sell one of the bar I'm in for $500 nothing more.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:56 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Depends on how you want to use it. If you're gonna track the car, def get something with a crossbar or x bar like GMG, BBI, etc.

The only reason to use a Tequipment bar without the crossbar option is mainly for looks IMO with added back seat functionality to carry things(hopefully not kids though).
Old 05-21-2016, 03:12 AM
fastforward911
Cruisin'

According to my friend you can't get these in the states anymore. Only company that brings them in is FVD. They are $2495 plus tax plus shipping. But it has the cross bar. I love the fact that it's staines steel and you don't have to paint it and it will stand out

http://www.fvd.net/us/en/Porsche-0/C...he_Tuning.html
Old 05-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Techquipment bar (OEM Porsche) has the best fit as the top bar is radius'd with the interior roof profile and doesn't leave gaps between the bar and roof liner. Also, the stainless finish looks great.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:58 PM
Fox 911
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for GMG and get it color matched to your vehicle
Old 05-21-2016, 08:51 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 551 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardback
1700 without cross bars? They are rare at this stage but you can buy a GMG harness bar for that price. For comparison I bought the tequip bar with crossbars for $700 several years back. Ended up selling it because you cannot recline a seat or push it back very far for legroom. The newer bars allow for recline and maximum legroom. If you have the cash BBi all the way... $2500+- if I remember correctly. in addition the bbi mounts to rear shock tower and can be used with bose sub if you have one. If your "buddy" want to sell one of the bar I'm in for $500 nothing more.
Thank you for mentioning us!!! The best selling feature of our bar is that it is compatible with the factory subwoofer

From bolt-in to full custom cages, safety upgrades have grown to be one of BBi Autosport's most successful product lines within the last year. Here is more information about our bar below and installation gallery from dealers and performance shops worldwide.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bbiaut...57654976141351

BBi Autosport Porsche 996 & 997 Street Cup Roll Bar

Features
  • Made from 4130 chrome moly steel tubing (1.5" x .120" main hoop & 1.5" x 0.95" rear hoops) for excellent strength to weight ratio
  • TIG welded and utilizes "X" braces on both front and rear sections for superior strength and rigidity
  • Mounts to front seat belt mounts and rear strut towers
  • Utilizes laser cut mounting plates & inner diameter tube clamps that are CNC turned and milled for a precise and seamless fit
  • Designed to work with stock or any aftermarket seats on the market
  • Can be used with stock seat belts or 6 point harnesses for track use
  • Designed to work with wrap-around style harnesses while optional eyelet bolt provisions are available for clip-in harnesses
  • OEM fit & finish. The main hoop contours entire arch of the roof with an even 3/16 inch gap
  • Finished in satin black powder coat. Other colors available
  • Designed to fit all models of the 996 and 997 chassis including the Carrera, Turbo, GT2, and GT3 (excluding cab models)
  • Bolt-in installation requires no drilling and minimal carpet trimming
  • Compatible with models equipped with Bose Sub-woofer
  • Made in USA

Beauty Shots of the Cage's Welds

Please let us know if you have any questions!!!

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 05-21-2016, 10:00 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The tequipment bars (with cross bars) pop up on here from time to time. Usually sell for @$800-1K. I got mine on here last year.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:28 AM
Batteaux
Intermediate

I have one for sale if you are interested, $1000. Perfect condition.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:05 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 245 Posts

I took my time researching Roll Bars, I decided to go with Dassport, the factors that made the decision were. Best welds I have seen, the rear of the bar incorporates a rear strut brace, the "X" support does not block any vision of rear view mirror, two piece design makes install very easy, the base of front loop are different than most bars utilizing a steel foot, the height of the cross bar is the correct height for tech specs of nhra drag racing, 1 3/4" instead of 1 1/2", it does however weight a little more.

Colin at Dassport is a big help, you may also be able to get an updated serial number and he will record your bar to your car.

BTW, get new hardware
Old 05-22-2016, 09:21 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
I took my time researching Roll Bars, I decided to go with Dassport, the factors that made the decision were. Best welds I have seen, the rear of the bar incorporates a rear strut brace, the "X" support does not block any vision of rear view mirror, two piece design makes install very easy, the base of front loop are different than most bars utilizing a steel foot, the height of the cross bar is the correct height for tech specs of nhra drag racing, 1 3/4" instead of 1 1/2", it does however weight a little more.

Colin at Dassport is a big help, you may also be able to get an updated serial number and he will record your bar to your car.

BTW, get new hardware
i was inquisitive about the specs too....do they have a sema sticker or something that will certify it for track tech inspection .
Old 05-22-2016, 11:26 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 245 Posts

I believe Dassport has a list of what sanction groups accept the bar, but I think every application may be individually approved, I think !!!
There is one used for sale either here or on 6 speed.

Quick Reply: roll bar question 996 coupe