Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 03:55 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Any details, specs, engine config, etc?
Nein...

Because why ruin months of endless/pointless speculation and the impact on RS values? No fun in that...
Old 05-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 648 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz

FXZ..

Spot on!

You are getting to be one of the few people I trust around here on future Porsche GT car development! Porsche can no longer continue to win on guile and durability alone. They are are getting beaten on pure pace in most classes now. I'm guessing further movement of the engine forward again although maybe not a true mid engine design like the Ford or the Ferrari and one would think they would be working off of the twin turbo design from the new 911 platform right to keep pace with those two brands on power?
Old 05-12-2016, 05:02 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
They are are getting beaten on pure pace in most classes now. I'm guessing further movement of the engine forward again although maybe not a true mid engine design like the Ford or the Ferrari and one would think they would be working off of the twin turbo design from the new 911 platform right to keep pace with those two brands on power?
You re right , Walliser wouldn t had to agree with FIA last winter, if it was just a turbo implementation...
there s for sure a forward movement

i tend to agree with Sportscar365 for weight and BoP reasons

Sportscar365 November2015

"It’s understood Porsche has proposed the mid-rear engine concept to the FIA....
Walliser head of Motorsport (sorry guys is not AP.... )
“You always have to discuss your concept with the FIA and get the feedback from them to see if it fits,”
“New ideas and innovative ideas and get feedback if it can be homologated or not. This is the process.”

Sportscar365 May2016
"The new 911 is understood to feature revised engine and gearbox placements for improved weight distribution....
No details were given on the engine side, though it’s believed to be powered by a derivative of the current
four-liter flat-six normally aspirated engine...."

is more likely a forward movement requiring all the above than just a turbo S engine despite testing might have changed their mind
to a turbo engine moved forward? We will see
Old 05-12-2016, 05:48 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 194 Posts

regulations were changed for them to be allowed to have the gearbox also in the back of the engine. kind of rear/middle engined car.
for better weight contribution and the more fair competition.

another change in the regulations were / will be that turbo cars are limited in power so the torque curves are more similar to N/A engines. for a more fair competition.

not Porsche is following the competition. regulations are adjusted for Porsche.

and i do want to see more pics!!!
Old 05-12-2016, 05:51 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 194 Posts

Old 05-12-2016, 06:19 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Telling that no side or rear shots available.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:42 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

not to flame on flippers... but next RSR either Turbo or Augmented aspirated mid-rear
will make
the 991.1 RS the only RS without an RSR...
Old 05-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by fxz
You re right , Walliser wouldn t had to agree with FIA last winter, if it was just a turbo implementation... there s for sure a forward movement i tend to agree with Sportscar365 for weight and BoP reasons Sportscar365 November2015 "It’s understood Porsche has proposed the mid-rear engine concept to the FIA.... Walliser head of Motorsport (sorry guys is not AP.... ) “You always have to discuss your concept with the FIA and get the feedback from them to see if it fits,” “New ideas and innovative ideas and get feedback if it can be homologated or not. This is the process.” Sportscar365 May2016 "The new 911 is understood to feature revised engine and gearbox placements for improved weight distribution.... No details were given on the engine side, though it’s believed to be powered by a derivative of the current four-liter flat-six normally aspirated engine...." is more likely a forward movement requiring all the above than just a turbo S engine despite testing might have changed their mind to a turbo engine moved forward? We will see
Read the same....
Old 05-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by signes
Telling that no side or rear shots available.
Yep..

Car looks lower to me right?
Old 05-12-2016, 08:12 PM
MoeGt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I drive that on the street?
Old 05-12-2016, 08:48 PM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
That would be awesome if Porsche actually decided to compete in the World Touring Car Championship with a version of the Panamera! Then came out with a GT3/RS equivalent of the Panamera. I guess I'm one of the few who embrace the 4dr P-car You'd never know it here in Los Angeles where they're a dime a dozen.

I love the Shooting Brake version of the Panamera, can't wait to see one in person once they come out!
Would make for one hell of a platform and there is plenty of room of KERS Hybrid Technology amongst otherbl advancements. I don't know ic there are any Displacement restrictions in combination Hybrid Technology. There are many configuration Porsche could setup a Hybrid system with a race cars such as just power the front wheels et al.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:58 AM
fxz
Race Car

Wink

Originally Posted by jo_ker
Pleased to meet you...hope you guess my name

Quick Reply: WHATS GOIN GO?