Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 GT3 Suspension refresh Complete (RSS & GLENN YEE)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Default 6 GT3 Suspension refresh Complete (RSS & GLENN YEE)

6 GT3 stock Suspension totally gone through and freshened up dampness, compliments of Glenn Yee Motorsports in California. Glenn was extremely helpful and went the extra mile. He dyno'd the shocks before and after freshening then up, along with confirming the spring rates through their travel progression to insure everything was performing as it should and was not nearing end of life. The spanners were seized since we are in Chicago and he cut these off and replaced with fresh pieces. Dyno & spring reports included.

Upon reinstalling dampness I took the opportunity to also replace all the wheel bearings, install new RSS control arms all the way around, along with tow links. Then added lockout plates from Stomski Racing for both rear toe and Control arms. The bolts provided were too short but I gave him the correct length so you should be able to buy them now that fit. Gearbox was reworked by Copans but that was another post.

Fisher Motors then aligned it to my specs and completed a great test and tune day with 3 full hours of track time at Gingerman in Michigan on Saturday!

Now it's time to hang with Jr!

Cheers hope you all have a great Summer!

Old 05-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glenn Yee Motorsports in San Dimas rebuild my 915 trans. He's one smart individual when it comes to rebuilding Bilstein and other related shops.
He will dyno the shocks, springs to ensure its a complete package vs fixing one and not the other.
He mentioned that once that he spent several days with Mr French at the West Coast Bilstein DC being schooled on the fine points of rebuilding the Bilsteins. To my knowledge since Bilstein no longer offer this service...Glenn Yee shop is the place to go for this service.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:03 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Glad to see all the hard work in the off season paid off. She's going to be good to go fr some time now!
Old 05-13-2016, 03:18 PM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Andy,

It was a long road, but finally got there!

Quick Reply: 6 GT3 Suspension refresh Complete (RSS & GLENN YEE)