Sponsored by:

Just lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit, measurements I got

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:02 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by gopirates
How has the car settled after a few weeks? Also how is the ride quality now compared to stock? Are you pleased so far? I'm leaning towards the Eibachs and almost ready to pull the trigger.
Love the lowering. Has not gotten lower than last time I measured. Some better pics with different angles

Old 04-29-2016, 09:32 AM
gopirates
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking good. Looks like you may have had a little bit of settling and looks much better than original pics. Front looks like it actually raised a tad as it looked a tad too low after the install.

How is the ride quality so far? I'm itching to pull the trigger on going with the Eibachs though don't want a sacrifice in ride quality.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:41 PM
997.1 CarreraBlk
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gopirates
Looking good. Looks like you may have had a little bit of settling and looks much better than original pics. Front looks like it actually raised a tad as it looked a tad too low after the install.

How is the ride quality so far? I'm itching to pull the trigger on going with the Eibachs though don't want a sacrifice in ride quality.
Same here

Any additional ride quality information would be greatly appreciated by the OP or anyone with experience with these springs vs. the factory base Carrera suspension or Bilstein PSS9's, PSS10's, etc.

Thank you!
Old 04-30-2016, 01:43 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 997.1 CarreraBlk
Same here

Any additional ride quality information would be greatly appreciated by the OP or anyone with experience with these springs vs. the factory base Carrera suspension or Bilstein PSS9's, PSS10's, etc.

Thank you!
Love the ride quality.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rodH
Love the ride quality.
rod, can you be a little more descriptive? How do the bumps feel? Do you have a pasm.....if so how does it react with it? Or in sport mode?
Old 05-01-2016, 02:18 AM
soze
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eibach's for the most part have always been pretty similar to stock in ride quality. Especially the pro-kit line.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:53 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

I have Eibachs. Eibach uses more wire in their spring vs the Porsche PASM spring and have two different coil densities. I'm told this means a progressive or changing spring rate on the Eibachs and where there is more coil, there can be thicker wire without having to be stiffer. So, you get a more supple ride even though it's lower (more dense already) until compression moves to the wider density area and the springs are firmer then. This means you will have just as good if not better ride over bumps on a straight road, but still be flat in the corners.
Here is a pic of the difference:

That's what I was told and I haven't been able to dig into the info to verify spring rates yet.
Anecdotaly, they feel just as good as OEM if not better.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:09 AM
soze
Advanced

Originally Posted by nwGTS
I have Eibachs. Eibach uses more wire in their spring vs the Porsche PASM spring and have two different coil densities. I'm told this means a progressive or changing spring rate on the Eibachs and where there is more coil, there can be thicker wire without having to be stiffer. So, you get a more supple ride even though it's lower (more dense already) until compression moves to the wider density area and the springs are firmer then. This means you will have just as good if not better ride over bumps on a straight road, but still be flat in the corners.
Here is a pic of the difference:

That's what I was told and I haven't been able to dig into the info to verify spring rates yet.
Anecdotaly, they feel just as good as OEM if not better.
Yes, progressive vs linear springs. The eibach's like most aftermarket springs are progressive.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Pcar416
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed Eibach Pro on my 08 c4s with PASM. I was worried for a long time about the ride quality, I m happy to report that the ride is very comfortable if not better than stock. I wish i had done this mod 4 years ago. if anyone here is on the fence...pull the trigger with confidence.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:35 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree that ride quality is great, and car is super flat in tight cornering, just did a fun run from the rock store to the overlook and beyond. What a blast!

Soze, what wheels are you getting?
Old 05-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for the good feedback. Looks like a good bang for the buck!
Old 05-01-2016, 09:53 PM
soze
Advanced

Originally Posted by fbfisher
Agree that ride quality is great, and car is super flat in tight cornering, just did a fun run from the rock store to the overlook and beyond. What a blast!

Soze, what wheels are you getting?
I'm waiting on a set of Forgestar CF10's. It's killing me, because the current tires are bald, and the new tires are coming with the wheels. I can't really drive the car much until I get those new tires. Supposedly arriving this week or next.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:45 PM
AltVelo
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks good!.. oh wait, this has to be a Eibach marketing post!

Just joking... but these kind of forums and posts are the main cause of catching the highly contagious mod bug..

... what was your source?
Old 05-26-2016, 03:02 PM
BF951
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

For those that got the Eibach Pro kit where did you get them, any exceptional experiences or prices? I believe the part # is 7217.140, is that correct?
Old 05-26-2016, 03:44 PM
gopirates
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Funny, I just started looking today also. I did find you can order these from TireRack.

Quick Reply: Just lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit, measurements I got