Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Macan GTS

Excellent experience, from the greeting through delivery, through the factory tour, lunch, and the museum. And a plus being able to take the Macan up to 115 mph and beyond. Very stable. Too bad I won't be able to use that kind of speed back home! Some lucky customer was also picking up their 911 GT3 RS the same day.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

If you are dropping off your car in Amsterdam, please note that the drop off instructions are less than clear. The address listed in the Porsche materials is correct, but the nav delivers you to a big fence. You need to know that you are looking for a big red building with a green roof with the name, Ter Haak International on it. Drive up to the building and go inside.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the Macan - lovely colour!

Seen the 'Pink Pig' before - when the museum was tiny (~ 2000). Love the 917s - of course - there'll never be something that hair-on-fire bonkers again - way too dangerous.

Was the new shop good? Did they stock the Rimowa case that fits a 911's compartment perfectly?
Old 04-30-2016, 04:50 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 917k
Congrats on the Macan - lovely colour!

Seen the 'Pink Pig' before - when the museum was tiny (~ 2000). Love the 917s - of course - there'll never be something that hair-on-fire bonkers again - way too dangerous.

Was the new shop good? Did they stock the Rimowa case that fits a 911's compartment perfectly?
I don't know if they had the Rimowa case, as I wasn't looking at luggage, but they did have a large assortment on display in the shop adjoining the delivery reception area. We got the brake caliper and disk keychains, one with a yellow caliper and one with red. The disks turn in the calipers! What I really wanted was a Pink Pig piggy bank (looks just like the car but with a coin slot on top) but they are out of production. All they have now is a silly looking pig with a racing helmet.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:21 AM
roup1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and thanks for sharing!!
Old 05-05-2016, 02:52 PM
ehchan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! It's Ed! Hope your trip was a great as ours!

Here's a pic of our twin cars, with my boy getting in the way

Old 05-07-2016, 03:45 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

We had a great trip that was made even better by meeting you and your family, Ed!
Old 05-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4S
I don't know if they had the Rimowa case, as I wasn't looking at luggage, but they did have a large assortment on display in the shop adjoining the delivery reception area. We got the brake caliper and disk keychains, one with a yellow caliper and one with red. The disks turn in the calipers! What I really wanted was a Pink Pig piggy bank (looks just like the car but with a coin slot on top) but they are out of production. All they have now is a silly looking pig with a racing helmet.
Yes, too bad about the change in the piggy bank

Good tip re the keychains; will check that out
Old 05-12-2016, 03:07 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 917k
Yes, too bad about the change in the piggy bank

Good tip re the keychains; will check that out
Here's a pic.

Quick Reply: Macan GTS