Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Do you see this Sport Chrono error?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:38 AM
FergusH
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Do you see this Sport Chrono error?

Hey all,

I see an error - DTC0602 - in the Porsche Track Precision app on my iPhone when the app is connected to my GT4's Sport Chrono system.

Does anyone see the same error? Porsche doesn't think it's got anything to do with the problems with the Track Precision app I'm seeing but they are not 100% certain.

Thanks.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't seen that error. This is mine...
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2016, 07:41 PM
FergusH
Pro

I heard back from Porsche on this. The error is definitely the cause of some of my problems with Track Precision. The latest version of the app - 1.6 - now has some code to make the connection between the app and the car more resilient but if you have the red DTC error, you'll get so many disconnects that the recording won't be reliable.

Now I have to explain all of this to Porsche North America. Sigh...
Old 07-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Alexmac22
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I've had exactly the same code come up on my 991 GT3 RS, the app worked fine and has since stopped.

Did you manage to get a solution?

Regards Alex
Old 07-26-2016, 08:19 PM
FergusH
Pro

Hey Alex,

My local dealer escalated the issue to PCNA who escalated it to Porsche in Germany. They came back and said to replace the "control unit". It just arrived at the dealer and I'm going to get the work done soon. If your dealer would like more info, ask them to contact Gunter Feldmeier at Porsche in Fremont, CA. Gunter is great!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Fergus
Old 08-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Alexmac22
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Fergus

I spoke with Gunter and he was very helpful, I've emailed him so hopefully he can supply the correct info and part numbers to my dealership so the problem can be resolved.

Thanks for your help
Old 08-01-2016, 02:07 PM
FergusH
Pro

That's good to hear. My car is going to Gunter and Fremont tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Did see that red in my app as well, but still all is working fine!
Old 08-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Leong72
Instructor

Since upgrading to the latest version I now get this, and the app doesn't work anymore... Any ideas?

I'm thinking of deleting the app and reinstalling but don't want to lose my previous data
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Errsomeone
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Leong72
Since upgrading to the latest version I now get this, and the app doesn't work anymore... Any ideas? I'm thinking of deleting the app and reinstalling but don't want to lose my previous data
Use the app to export the data you wish to save and then re-import following reinstall. I generally export all file types after each day and use Circuit Tools to review after that. One valuable update in the latest version (1.6.1) is correcting the .RaceLogic .VBO exports.

If you wish to keep video files, you may pull them (and the exported sessions if you wish) through iTunes. I believe Fungus has videos to help.

Fur
Old 08-04-2016, 07:27 PM
FergusH
Pro

Originally Posted by Errsomeone
Use the app to export the data you wish to save and then re-import following reinstall. I generally export all file types after each day and use Circuit Tools to review after that. One valuable update in the latest version (1.6.1) is correcting the .RaceLogic .VBO exports.

If you wish to keep video files, you may pull them (and the exported sessions if you wish) through iTunes. I believe Fungus has videos to help.

Fur
"Fungus"?!

Yes, I did make a video about exporting data from Track Precision. I'll put a link to it below.

That red error doesn't look good. It seems to imply that the app is connected to the Sport Chono wireless network but there's a problem with the control unit. I'd try deleting the app (after backing up the data) and removing the wireless network connection, then trying again. If that doesn't help, let me know: there's a cable beneath the steering wheel that might have come loose and I've got info on how to disconnect then reconnect it. It's not very easy 'though, so try the app thing first.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Errsomeone
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FergusH
"Fungus"?!
Haha... My apologies. I should know better than to respond quickly while in and out of service on a train.

Apparently my auto spell correction was working overtime.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:13 PM
FergusH
Pro

Haha... My apologies. I should know better than to respond quickly while in and out of service on a train.

Apparently my auto spell correction was working overtime.
No worries. I once got a fax (yes, it was a while ago) addressed to "Furnace". A friend still calls me that.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:34 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Fur
Thanks. I've been doing that, but I keep my best session of each day on the phone synced with the video. Haven't progressed to importing the .vbo to Circuit Tools and syncing ideally video from my Gopro to it as yet... Video Vbox might be the trick long term....

"Fungus"?!

Yes, I did make a video about exporting data from Track Precision. I'll put a link to it below.

That red error doesn't look good. It seems to imply that the app is connected to the Sport Chono wireless network but there's a problem with the control unit. I'd try deleting the app (after backing up the data) and removing the wireless network connection, then trying again. If that doesn't help, let me know: there's a cable beneath the steering wheel that might have come loose and I've got info on how to disconnect then reconnect it. It's not very easy 'though, so try the app thing first.

Exporting and viewing data from Porsche Track Precision - YouTube
Thanks Fergus. I'll have a go...
Old 08-05-2016, 04:50 AM
Leong72
Instructor

"Fungus"?!
Deleting, reinstalling and reconnecting worked, Thanks!! Now to go put all my tracks in again...

Quick Reply: Do you see this Sport Chrono error?