Atlanta April 17 Caffeine & Exotics Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 11:10 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 173 Posts
Default Atlanta April 17 Caffeine & Exotics Pics

Hi All,

It was a great turnout, and here are a few pics of some of the Porsches.
Sorry there are so many of my car, but I spent a tonne of time detailing as usual The others were photographed by my Son

Compliments to fellow Rennlister Jeffrec who's beautiful Silver Carrera S was alongside me.

Interesting video on the RWB Porsches here:
Old 04-18-2016, 11:46 PM
MY45
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Hi All,

Sorry there are so many of my car, but I spent a tonne of time detailing as usual The others were photographed by my Son

Compliments to fellow Rennlister Jeffrec who's beautiful Silver Carrera S was alongside me."

Very nice pics and beautiful cars! The dark cars are simply stunning. Do you (or others there) have a recc for how to polish to such a high shine? I'm sure it's a paint glaze product of some sort? I'm going to attempt to polish some swirls out of my white 997 this weekend and would love any tips
Old 04-19-2016, 12:09 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

EMC2: your car looks absolutely amazing. The whole package. The wheels (with polished lip), front lip, brakes. Looks like it doesn't have one swirl mark though. I can help you with that. I think I'm a professional at getting swirl marks. If ever you get sick of that swirl-less, gleaming, glass-mirror finish, let me know and I'll show you how I wash my car. Just kidding. I'm sarcastic and it's late for me. Loving the look and stance of your car.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:02 AM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

You're car was the star of the show
Old 04-19-2016, 01:56 AM
MkC2S
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

lots of good looking cars, thx for sharing
Old 04-19-2016, 09:09 AM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gary's car is always first class, and as awrryan stated in his post, his car is simply amazing. The detailing is only one part of his cars complete package, you guys need to experience his sport tuned exhaust first hand to truly appreciate it. Gary is a great Porsche brand ambassador and represents the Rennlist community well. Oh, and thank you Gary for highlighting my Carrera S in the first photo.

If you live in the Atlanta area, I would highly recommend going to the next Caffeine and Exotics car show which I believe is in June. You can check their website for details.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:16 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it has always been a nice event.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:45 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MY45
"Hi All,

Compliments to fellow Rennlister Jeffrec who's beautiful Silver Carrera S was alongside me."

Very nice pics and beautiful cars! The dark cars are simply stunning. Do you (or others there) have a recc for how to polish to such a high shine? I'm sure it's a paint glaze product of some sort? I'm going to attempt to polish some swirls out of my white 997 this weekend and would love any tips
Thanks - this is a very helpful video here (see youtube link in thread below) and it is my go to technique and product set for detailing:

here are some examples of results I've achieved:
from a previous post of mine:
"I've posted a lot about my use of BlackFire on my own cars. I use nothing else for compound, polish and waxes because the stuff is incredible on Black cars.

Whilst I have done some pretty significant corrections on my Porsches, to get them to the level I want, I just took on a whole different level of challenge this weekend:

I helped a friend out by doing a correction on a 1990 Lotus Esprit he purchased, that had clearly not been well maintained from a paint perspective.
"

The following is some work I did on my previous Panamera 4S that had a lot of very typical dealer induced swirls and scratches when I bought it. Most dealerships load your paint with polishes that also have a high filler content, so your car looks good when you pick it up, and then you wonder why a month down the line when it's had a few washes it starts to look terrible, even if your washing technique is good. That's all the fillers that have started to wear away

video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YIY...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by EMC2; 04-21-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:53 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by awrryan
EMC2: your car looks absolutely amazing. The whole package. The wheels (with polished lip), front lip, brakes. Looks like it doesn't have one swirl mark though. I can help you with that. I think I'm a professional at getting swirl marks. If ever you get sick of that swirl-less, gleaming, glass-mirror finish, let me know and I'll show you how I wash my car. Just kidding. I'm sarcastic and it's late for me. Loving the look and stance of your car.
Thanks awrryan. Keep your swirls to yourself

Originally Posted by Lvt19672
You're car was the star of the show
Originally Posted by MkC2S
lots of good looking cars, thx for sharing
Originally Posted by jeffrec
Gary's car is always first class, and as awrryan stated in his post, his car is simply amazing. The detailing is only one part of his cars complete package, you guys need to experience his sport tuned exhaust first hand to truly appreciate it. Gary is a great Porsche brand ambassador and represents the Rennlist community well. Oh, and thank you Gary for highlighting my Carrera S in the first photo.

If you live in the Atlanta area, I would highly recommend going to the next Caffeine and Exotics car show which I believe is in June. You can check their website for details.

Thanks guys.
Jeffrec - you are too kind. Always great to see you, and your immaculate car. Looking forward to the next show.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:42 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

a few more pics from the show:

Quick Reply: Atlanta April 17 Caffeine & Exotics Pics