Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Black C2S With Factory Aero (pictures and video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts
Default My Black C2S With Factory Aero (pictures and video)

I've had my 997 for almost a year now, but just now decided to make a thread to share photos and information on it. I searched for nearly a year to find the perfect car and I ended up finding it less than 15 miles from my home at the local Porsche dealership. It's a 2006 C2S and only had 9500 miles on it when I found it. It came with plenty of great options. My favorites are the factory aero kit, sport exhaust, short shifter and sport seats. I couldn't have asked for a better car after looking at so many that didn't make the cut.

As delivered:

With two tires being original to the car per the date codes, I decided that tires were in my near future. I lucked out and found a set of OZ Ultralegerra HLT wheels on CL from an individual that had just sold his GT3 as he was moving back to the UK. The wheels came with pretty fresh Hankook RS3s and were in proper GT3 sizing so I picked them up.

Black wheels aren't really my thing for the most part, so I looked into powder coating them. Before I took that plunge, I decided to try plasti dipping them first. I ended up doing Koi Orange in an RS style tribute.

I love the orange look, but after several months the brake dust got to the plasti dip so I removed it.

With the wheels back to black, I decided to play with my camera and put together a short video that I thought I'd share:

The car now has 12,500 miles on it and I've loved every mile. The only problem I've had to date has been the airbag light coming on after having something in the passenger seat that must have tripped it. Also, for whatever reason, I can't get the sport chrono clock to start. Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong, or if the dealer needs to recode it.

Next I plan to try a different color on the wheels and possibly look into new wheels altogether. I also need to drive it more as I'm almost as bad as the previous owner in not having enough time to enjoy it
Old 04-10-2016, 10:34 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

Old 04-11-2016, 01:09 AM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

Looks good. The rims look good in black.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:04 PM
berk
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just like my old car, miss it.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:12 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great...maybe a lowering project next on the list to make the car tighter to the ground.

Personalize it, be prepared for the nay-sayers, enjoy it!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
Looks great...maybe a lowering project next on the list to make the car tighter to the ground.

Personalize it, be prepared for the nay-sayers, enjoy it!
I agree, it definitely needs an altitude adjustment. All of my other vehicles are currently lowered. I have to say, part of what is holding me back is how well the car rides and handles as-is, especially compared to my M3 that is on coilovers.

Quick Reply: My Black C2S With Factory Aero (pictures and video)