Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Sandor Region (BC / Alberta / Sask / Yukon & NWT) (https://rennlist.com/forums/sandor-region-bc-alberta-sask-yukon-and-nwt-153/)
-   -   New Porsche owner saying hello (https://rennlist.com/forums/sandor-region-bc-alberta-sask-yukon-and-nwt/861319-new-porsche-owner-saying-hello.html)

Lego Maniac 03-02-2015 11:59 PM

New Porsche owner saying hello

Took ownership of a 2010 Cayman S (PDK, SC) mid-Dec last year. Lots to learn!

Loving the car whenever I can get it out and this has been a nice winter (from Vancouver, sorry east cost folks) :)

Just saying "Hi!"

Cheers!
Zach

hillsdonsmith 03-05-2015 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lego Maniac (Post 12084486)
Took ownership of a 2010 Cayman S (PDK, SC) mid-Dec last year. Lots to learn!

Loving the car whenever I can get it out and this has been a nice winter (from Vancouver, sorry east cost folks) :)

Just saying "Hi!"

Cheers!
Zach

Welcome Zach! Definitely a good year to get a new "summer" car in Vancouver! Post up some pics of the new ride!

Cheers,

Mark

Lego Maniac 03-28-2015 01:31 PM

Haven't had too much time to go on too many photo shoots, here's one for now.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...2f73e777d5.jpg

Cheers!
Zach

John 996 TT Cab 03-30-2015 03:56 PM

Check out our local PCA Region, Canada West. We are 500+ members in the lower Mainland and Greater Vancouver. All kinds of events for the enthusiast and for those like to drive their cars. Check our website "www.pca-cwr.org". As a PCA member you can choose Tours, Social evenings, Auto Crossing, Technical sessions and more. Also, if inclined our members are welcomed to Pacific Northwest Region's driver education sessions. The discount on parts and labour at the dealers is an extra bonus. Email me "john.macfarlane@telus.net" for more info (include a telephone number). I am Vice-president and Treasurer of the Region and a 40+ year member of PCA.

Zeus993 03-30-2015 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by John 996 TT Cab (Post 12163763)
Check out our local PCA Region, Canada West. We are 500+ members in the lower Mainland and Greater Vancouver. All kinds of events for the enthusiast and for those like to drive their cars. Check our website "www.pca-cwr.org". As a PCA member you can choose Tours, Social evenings, Auto Crossing, Technical sessions and more. Also, if inclined our members are welcomed to Pacific Northwest Region's driver education sessions. The discount on parts and labour at the dealers is an extra bonus. Email me "john.macfarlane@telus.net" for more info (include a telephone number). I am Vice-president and Treasurer of the Region and a 40+ year member of PCA.

I can vouch that it's a GREAT club. Super good people, some great tours, and a wide selection of the best of the best in P-cars. :)

Joel

RavenRen 03-30-2015 09:56 PM

I'm a new member too. Just bought a Macan S. We live near NYC but my wife and I really love Vancouver. She is an Oregon State grad so that is my connection to The Great Northwest where I wish we could drive our new Macan around but we will fly and rent a Hyundi or something when we land in Seattle. Not driving our Porsche clear across the country.

Viajero 04-01-2015 01:20 AM

Congrats and welcome! The local PCA club is a great group of guys. Weissach Cars and Coffee is a good, easy, event to make it out to and meet a lot of Porsche guys. It kicks off this year on April 11th:

http://www.weissach.com/promotions/d...g=1&id=338&tp=

Beautiful Cayman! Bring it out to some events!

Enso 12-09-2015 11:13 AM

Welcome!

Fab_vr6 01-03-2016 02:58 AM

Zach, welcome! this is Gary F btw :)

Triple Black 02-05-2016 09:54 PM

Hey Zach. Welcome. Looks like a beautiful Cayman.
Yea, the PCA CWR is a great group. Can't wait for the BBC to start up again in the spring - an early morning drive up the Sea to Sky highway with lots of other great P-cars.
If you are into DE there are a couple of great tracks in WA state and a new one on Vancouver Island should be ready this season.

Lego Maniac 03-06-2016 01:44 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys, I haven't been in this section for awhile now :P

i have joined up with PCA CWR last year but I've only made it out to one BBC (the last one) it was fun! Hope to make more events this year!

Cheers!

svx604 05-10-2016 11:26 PM

PCA the plcae to be?

Hey there Lego, welcome!
Anyone go to Thursday night meets at Market Crossing? I was there last week.
Also, as title says.. just been lazy to join. What's it like being a PCA member?

Originally Posted by Lego Maniac (Post 13082035)
Thanks for the welcome guys, I haven't been in this section for awhile now :P

i have joined up with PCA CWR last year but I've only made it out to one BBC (the last one) it was fun! Hope to make more events this year!

Cheers!

mistermct 05-11-2016 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by svx604 (Post 13277044)
Hey there Lego, welcome!
Anyone go to Thursday night meets at Market Crossing? I was there last week.
Also, as title says.. just been lazy to join. What's it like being a PCA member?

Didn't know about Thursday night meets.. I'm still a new member (aug 2015) and learning lots. People are fairly friendly... still meeting lots of people and hard to balance PCA and family time so it might take a couple years to know many people :) I would join even if just for access to some of the super cool regional events (BBC, GT1 Tech Event, PCA NWR has great events too, event's at local shops and member venues (SCAN, Juan, Uli's platz, etc.)

My 2c. Hopefully others can chime in too..