Notices

Driving from Edmonton to Kelowna - most entertaining route?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 AM
tawheed
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving from Edmonton to Kelowna - most entertaining route?

Hey all,

The wife has some family in Kelowna and I'm planning on driving my Boxster S down there in June to visit for a week. As the roads in Edmonton (and surrounding areas) are boring as hell I'm really looking forward to this..

Was hoping to get some route recommendations..

Let me know!

Thanks
Old 06-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Tomas993
Advanced

If I was driving...South to Calgary, but divert over to Cochrane. Stop for ice cream...gas... Then take the road to Bragg Creek, then 22x to the south end of Calgary (neatly avoiding all that traffic and construction) From there south to the pass and then #3 all the way to Kelowna. You pass through Fernie,Cranbrook, Creston and lots of great curvy roads. The views are damn good too!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Radcap
Rennlist Member

I second that route and even sooner for the cut across to HWY 22 (mabye Olds or Innisfail) if its during the week (weekends are a bit busy and no passing lanes until south of Cochrane). Great drive by way of Bragg Creek and usually will run into the occasional P-Car or an Italian mega buck unit. let me know when your comming and I may join you for the Cochrane to HWY 3 part as a bit of a fun day haha.!!!

Cheers and safe driving

Rod,

Last edited by Radcap; 06-11-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 06-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Jet-Tech
Track Day

Hope this isn't too late for your trip.

If time isn't a problem, at Creston BC turn north on 3A and travel to Kootenay Bay and take the free ferry across Kootenay Lake to Balfour. Travel to Nelson, Castlegar and then rejoin 3. Great drive, great scenery and lots if twisty bits.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 PM
tawheed
Advanced

Hey All,

Thanks for the recommendations! I didn't get a chance to check in before I left so ended up taking 2 to 11 to 93 to 1 to 97 I believe. I'm here until Saturday and plan to find some nearby entertaining roads and may switch up route for return trip!

Cheers,

Tawheed

Quick Reply: Driving from Edmonton to Kelowna - most entertaining route?