Notices

RSR DE Run Groups question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:15 PM
tvr-4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSR DE Run Groups question

Trying to sign up for late May LCMT event but not sure how color coding works. The question on the form asks for "vehicle class", and offers black, blue, green, red, white...

Can someone clarify what the colors mean?

Thanks, TK

Edit: I sent an email to the event chair in clubreg about a week ago, but didnt hear anything back. I dont want to be a pest, but getting worried the event spots will fill up.

Last edited by tvr-4; 03-18-2017 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Clarity, extra context
Old 03-18-2017, 11:23 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Green for starters, you run with an instructor. Great experience at an unbeatable price! After several sessions you may get signed off to run solo in white group. Then blue, black and red is for instructors.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:27 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

BTW, you should consider the "ground school" event. It's one day, you'll meet some people, including many instructors, test your skills, try out a short track, and have fun!
Old 03-19-2017, 12:23 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NewArt
Green for starters, you run with an instructor. Great experience at an unbeatable price! After several sessions you may get signed off to run solo in white group. Then blue, black and red is for instructors.
^
Good synopsis James.

TVR
If you have any previous Porsche Club (PCA) DE "solo" with sign off but no track time at Tremblant you will need a check ride ...well worth the experience.
If a "PCA DE newbie" sign up for green.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:04 AM
tvr-4
Instructor

Thank you both - I've done 15-20 events with PCA total, 2-4 events / yeaI in last few years. I am solo / intermediate but first time at Tremblant, so would like to have instruction for first few runs anywys to get pointers and feel for the track.

i like your idea to sign up for single day event, willl look into if I can make it work.

Thanks again, TK
Old 03-19-2017, 11:02 AM
tvr-4
Instructor

Also, can someone comment on clubs policy on race belts / seats? I have six points/seats/cage in the car, wondering if seats / belts need to be current for the DE?

I think mine expired last year or year before, but are practically new, so want to make sure i know now if i need to buy stuff.

My helmet/hans/fire stuff is all up to date.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:07 PM
987part
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tvr-4
Also, can someone comment on clubs policy on race belts / seats? I have six points/seats/cage in the car, wondering if seats / belts need to be current for the DE?

I think mine expired last year or year before, but are practically new, so want to make sure i know now if i need to buy stuff.

My helmet/hans/fire stuff is all up to date.
RSR doesnt check for expired belts, dont worry
They're only a few cars with cages.

Ask any instructors for check out ride, they will be more than happy to help you out including me
Old 03-19-2017, 08:13 PM
serpags
Instructor

Originally Posted by tvr-4
Trying to sign up for late May LCMT event but not sure how color coding works. The question on the form asks for "vehicle class", and offers black, blue, green, red, white...

Can someone clarify what the colors mean?

Thanks, TK

Edit: I sent an email to the event chair in clubreg about a week ago, but didnt hear anything back. I dont want to be a pest, but getting worried the event spots will fill up.
If I may offer additional info, on our rennsport.ca site, you will find under the De tab ALL pertinent information, including TECH sheet that must be completed and signed up to 30 days prior to any DE Event.

Just in case there was any details which were not answered here or perhaps not even asked.

Welcome to RSR !

Sergio
Old 03-19-2017, 08:57 PM
tvr-4
Instructor

Thank you both, much appreciated - I would love to take you up on a ride, will look you up at the event. And I will certainly check out rennsport.de.

looking forward to meeting all of you at the track... really itching to get out there with some RSR folks!

Quick Reply: RSR DE Run Groups question