RSR DE Run Groups question - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

RSR DE Run Groups question

Reply

Old 03-18-2017, 11:15 PM
  #1
tvr-4
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
tvr-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 158
Default RSR DE Run Groups question

Trying to sign up for late May LCMT event but not sure how color coding works. The question on the form asks for "vehicle class", and offers black, blue, green, red, white...

Can someone clarify what the colors mean?

Thanks, TK

Edit: I sent an email to the event chair in clubreg about a week ago, but didnt hear anything back. I dont want to be a pest, but getting worried the event spots will fill up.

Last edited by tvr-4; 03-19-2017 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Clarity, extra context
tvr-4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:23 AM
  #2
NewArt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
NewArt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 219
Default

Green for starters, you run with an instructor. Great experience at an unbeatable price! After several sessions you may get signed off to run solo in white group. Then blue, black and red is for instructors.
NewArt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:27 AM
  #3
NewArt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
NewArt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 219
Default

BTW, you should consider the "ground school" event. It's one day, you'll meet some people, including many instructors, test your skills, try out a short track, and have fun!
NewArt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:23 AM
  #4
DRPM
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
DRPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Qc, Canada
Posts: 2,054
Default

Originally Posted by NewArt View Post
Green for starters, you run with an instructor. Great experience at an unbeatable price! After several sessions you may get signed off to run solo in white group. Then blue, black and red is for instructors.
^
Good synopsis James.

TVR
If you have any previous Porsche Club (PCA) DE "solo" with sign off but no track time at Tremblant you will need a check ride ...well worth the experience.
If a "PCA DE newbie" sign up for green.
DRPM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:04 AM
  #5
tvr-4
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
tvr-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 158
Default

Thank you both - I've done 15-20 events with PCA total, 2-4 events / yeaI in last few years. I am solo / intermediate but first time at Tremblant, so would like to have instruction for first few runs anywys to get pointers and feel for the track.

i like your idea to sign up for single day event, willl look into if I can make it work.

Thanks again, TK
tvr-4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:02 PM
  #6
tvr-4
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
tvr-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 158
Default

Also, can someone comment on clubs policy on race belts / seats? I have six points/seats/cage in the car, wondering if seats / belts need to be current for the DE?

I think mine expired last year or year before, but are practically new, so want to make sure i know now if i need to buy stuff.

My helmet/hans/fire stuff is all up to date.
tvr-4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:07 PM
  #7
987part
Former Vendor
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 657
Default

Originally Posted by tvr-4
Also, can someone comment on clubs policy on race belts / seats? I have six points/seats/cage in the car, wondering if seats / belts need to be current for the DE?

I think mine expired last year or year before, but are practically new, so want to make sure i know now if i need to buy stuff.

My helmet/hans/fire stuff is all up to date.
RSR doesnt check for expired belts, dont worry
They're only a few cars with cages.

Ask any instructors for check out ride, they will be more than happy to help you out including me
987part is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:13 PM
  #8
serpags
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
serpags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Blainville, Qc
Posts: 124
Default

Originally Posted by tvr-4 View Post
Trying to sign up for late May LCMT event but not sure how color coding works. The question on the form asks for "vehicle class", and offers black, blue, green, red, white...

Can someone clarify what the colors mean?

Thanks, TK

Edit: I sent an email to the event chair in clubreg about a week ago, but didnt hear anything back. I dont want to be a pest, but getting worried the event spots will fill up.
If I may offer additional info, on our rennsport.ca site, you will find under the De tab ALL pertinent information, including TECH sheet that must be completed and signed up to 30 days prior to any DE Event.

Just in case there was any details which were not answered here or perhaps not even asked.

Welcome to RSR !

Sergio
serpags is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:57 PM
  #9
tvr-4
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
tvr-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 158
Default

Thank you both, much appreciated - I would love to take you up on a ride, will look you up at the event. And I will certainly check out rennsport.de.

looking forward to meeting all of you at the track... really itching to get out there with some RSR folks!
tvr-4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Skip Wolfe
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
16
09-29-2017 02:07 PM
993 Turbo Forum
0
09-19-2016 02:44 PM
Buteo
West US Rennlist Region
5
09-15-2016 12:53 PM
otisdog
997 Forum
7
05-21-2016 04:51 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: