Notices

Rennsport 2016 DE Season

Old 09-23-2016, 09:10 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Rennsport 2016 DE Season

Kinda obvious I missed it, so fill me in now that its complete.

Please and thank you.

Oh, nice to see a few of you at Bob day, it sure was nice to go around the track for a bit.

Thank you Marty, Matt and Dave for the rides.

See most of you at Instructor day and Ground School in 2017.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:03 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Carm
My $0.02

Another EPIC RSR DE Season!

Hope to see you in '17
Old 09-23-2016, 11:43 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Despite living in MA, I was at 3 Rennsport events this year.
You folks are the absolute best. Thank you for welcoming us.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:29 AM
Joe Lapin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AN INCREDIBLE PRIVILEGE

As another superb season ended, I could only reflect on the incredible privilege we enjoy at our beloved LCMT.
This year the weather was close to perfect, with brilliant sunny skies the norm.
Imagine our UNIQUE PRIVILEGE!

1. How many Porsche sports car owners are there globally?
2. How many Porsche owners actually drive their cars on a race track?

3. We, RSR members, have an FIA certified track at our disposal, 80 minutes from Montreal!
4. We, RSR members, receive unlimited FREE driving instruction!
5. We, RSR members, have superb, safe, track management at every DE event!
5. We, RSR members, have an affordable tire service at our disposal!
6. We, RSR members, have trackside mechanics at our disposal!
7. We, RSR members, enjoy the facilities of a world class resort, with all of it's hotels and restaurants!
8. We, RSR members, enjoy a joyous activity with respectful, gracious peers!

Living in Montreal, I awake, and drive to the track in 80 minutes! I can have the identical experience that our American friends have without the extra day of driving and the time and expense that that entails.

At four o'clock, as I changed my wheels at Touchette, my friend Gerard and I marvelled at the glorious sunny panorama before us.
We appreciated the grandeur of Mont Tremblant, the track, the camaraderie, and we were overwhelmed!

While we are all obsessed with 'faster, smoother, better', I suggest that we take a moment to reflect on our incredible privilege!
Our full experience is beyond perfection, our lap times are insignificant, the value of our cars is moot, we can afford the cost of tires and maintenance. In a world of strife, poverty, and enormous disparity of wealth and privilege, we zoom around our private race track!

WE ARE SO VERY BLESSED!

Last edited by Joe Lapin; 09-24-2016 at 11:06 PM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 09-24-2016, 06:42 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Nicely said, Joe! We are indeed privileged! (Some of us more so than others ) But hey, who's counting? See you all in the spring!
Old 09-24-2016, 08:01 PM
iad
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said, Joe!
Glad to be part of it!
Andrei
Old 09-24-2016, 09:37 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Great responses, thanks

Trending Topics

Old 09-25-2016, 11:16 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

A dedidcated New Yorker who makes the trip...why? Simply because this is the best region to spend quality Porsche time with. Great guys (and gals), awesome drivers, fun, challenging track, well run events....great comradierie...RSR has a special group of folks that make it one of my must see events each year! Awesome season......May is a long way away.............
Old 09-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Carm, you were missed!
Hope you make the season next year....

Please forward a message to Marc "We NEED him back too!" I keep harassing Chris to get Marc back, exclusively for the Black group. Tell him all the sausage sandwiches(with his favourite melanzanes) that he can eat.

You have a PM
Old 09-25-2016, 07:21 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Hi Dwane,

Thanks for the kind words I missed you guys too

Marc and I were out on our Motorcycles today with Eric G. and we made a pact, well at least Marc and I did that we would be back at Rennsport events in 2017.

Eric would also like to come back but his son is doing very well in Karting so that occupies a lot of Eric's time.

Oh and I will pass on the message to Marc.

See you in Hawkesbury
Old 09-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

That is great news!
Old 09-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Boxster dude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, another great Rennsport driving season has come to an end. Somehow each season seems to go by faster each year, just like the crop of GT4s at our events. I wouldn’t be surprised to discover that Rennsport has the highest contingent of GT4s in Canada. A nice reflection on our club. Or is it the beginning of an arms race

Congratulations to the successful IT program for giving us a new group of instructors. Amazing how dedicated they are to providing us the tools we need to be safe and faster each season.

Thank you to the many unseen volunteers who make our events great, including the volunteer Techline gangs that show up at 7 am every morning and still keep smiling even in the rain.

Bob and Chris Rouleau, Herr Delaney are constant figures at our events, however, their efforts begin way before we get to the track and continue non stop during. For the many unseen things we all take for granted we owe them a big thank you.

To our very good friends from Ontario and the US, thanks for attending our events and making them extra special both on and off track... you know who you are.

Rennsport is not all track events, from the events organized with some of our sponsors to learn about track tires earlier this season to the many road trips across the province and even a car show at iCar, all great successes. Un grand merci aux organisateurs de ces événements.

We also have a renewed presence on Facebook, check it out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/PCA.Rennsport/

A special thanks to all those who took part in and endured our end of season.. off track antics... I already have a few ideas for next year and lots of time in the off season

N'oubliez pas que Rennsport aura 40 ans l'an prochain.
Soyez sage et à l'an prochain

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rennsport 2016 DE Season