Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennsport Forum - English and Francais (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennsport-forum-english-and-francais-154/)
-   -   Some days, you're better off just staying in bed... (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennsport-forum-english-and-francais/953726-some-days-youre-better-off-just-staying-in-bed.html)

Matt Lane 09-14-2016 05:21 PM

Some days, you're better off just staying in bed...

Trouble is, you don't know the day.

Got a text from a co-worker yesterday, an old lady driver at Ste. Catherine and Greene Ave. parallel parked herself into a new GT3 (!)

Don't have pics, but apparently it was quite the spectacle.

Hope was no-one here or in RSR, but well, it probably is.

:surr:

Boxster dude 09-14-2016 07:20 PM

OUCH! Considering that neck of the woods, I hope she wasn't driving a G-Vagon. Lets hope it's the kind of thing that Dwane can buff out, if not, it's time for a weekend at RennSpa!

DRPM 09-14-2016 09:12 PM

That's gotta suck
Proof once again that the terms "old lady" and "parallel parking" often ends in trouble

NewArt 09-14-2016 09:17 PM

Hey, it's Westmount! Nobody knows how to parallel park in Westmount!:rolleyes:

fnel1771 09-15-2016 10:00 AM

Westmount'rs must be the worst drivers and parkers in the world, particularly the old ladies in the C Class cars or the younger ones in the Range Rovers which makes them king of the road automatically!

Joe Lapin 09-16-2016 12:00 AM

I live in the neighbourhood, and I RARELY take my 911 for domestic shopping sprees. I have parked on Green, but carefully, and always at one end of a line of cars, never between cars.

Our 99 year old aunt often took her Chrysler to the hairdresser. If she could not find a space directly in front of the salon,, she would return home and call a taxi. She lived in the 4300!

More than the geezers, I fear the spoiled young Moms, driving Escalades, Cayennes, Range Rovers, etc.
Somehow, red nails, gum chewing, and iPhones tend to affect their parking skills!

serpags 09-16-2016 09:39 PM

Easy Lappy.... My wife drives a Range Rover :)

Matt Lane 09-16-2016 11:03 PM

Lots of entitlement and general douchery in the west end.

I work in the general area and shake my head at the Bentley crowd, quite entertaining. Lots of ladies who lunch too, nails, gum chewing, Texas hair and all.

Whatever.

M

Gregster 09-17-2016 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Lane (Post 13609658)
Lots of entitlement and general douchery in the west end.

I work in the general area and shake my head at the Bentley crowd, quite entertaining. Lots of ladies who lunch too, nails, gum chewing, Texas hair and all.

Whatever.

M

Quite the rant :roflmao:

Matt Lane 09-17-2016 07:12 PM

I don't reproach anyone for enjoying nice things. If you got 'em, smoke 'em.

:cheers:

But I can't abide the entitlement evident in the double-parking, idling in a handicapped spot, yacking on the cell phone while driving, etc.

If you can afford a $200,000 car to get to your lunch appointment, at least USE THE F'N EXPENSIVE BLINKERS TO SIGNAL YOUR LANE CHANGES.

:evilgrin:

Guess I am getting cranky. Sorry.

M

Gregster 09-17-2016 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lane (Post 13611074)
I don't reproach anyone for enjoying nice things. If you got 'em, smoke 'em.

:cheers:

But I can't abide the entitlement evident in the double-parking, idling in a handicapped spot, yacking on the cell phone while driving, etc.

If you can afford a $200,000 car to get to your lunch appointment, at least USE THE F'N EXPENSIVE BLINKERS TO SIGNAL YOUR LANE CHANGES.

:evilgrin:

Guess I am getting cranky. Sorry.

M

I was down in that area earlier... Now I figured out where Bentley sold all those Bentayga's

Rob996 09-21-2016 02:38 AM

Wow. Some pretty angry comments here. I smell some ragers.

The roads alone in Montreal will tear your poor p-car apart,

If you think westmounters are lousy drivers. Then take a trip to mainland China. Traffic lights are purely decorative there. As are pedestrians,.. The food or bugs won't kill you but the drivers just might ..