Notices

Freeport Forwarding vs Border Connect...

Old 12-06-2015, 11:11 AM
elgy
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Freeport Forwarding vs Border Connect...

Yesterday I had a Fedex package to send on the other side of the border and I ended up at the Fedex agent Border Connect. They opened a few months ago and offer all the same services as Freeport PLUS they are open on the weekend. Very friendly, good service and for me the weekend thing is a real plus. I have only shipped, not received, but I signed up (which they want you to do, especially for USPS packages). Has anyone else experience with them? I can't remember having seen mention of them.
They are at 477 State Route 11, just south-east of the town of Champlain... maybe 10 minutes from the border. I can post more detailed instructions if someone is interested (I got a bit lost because addresses are not posted on many of the buildings on Route 11).

No affiliation.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:52 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

No experience with this but glad you posted. When you consider time and expense, when do you see purchasing U.S. goods and having them delivered to this address advantageous? Do you, or do you know of others that make these trips frequently? It's always annoying to pay increased rates and brokerage fees, as well as longer wait times when ordering parts.
Cheers, James
Old 12-09-2015, 10:14 PM
elgy
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by NewArt
No experience with this but glad you posted. When you consider time and expense, when do you see purchasing U.S. goods and having them delivered to this address advantageous? Do you, or do you know of others that make these trips frequently? It's always annoying to pay increased rates and brokerage fees, as well as longer wait times when ordering parts.
Cheers, James
Hi James,
Definitely advantageous, no brokerage fees and sometimes you don't get dinged for fees when coming back to Canada, sometimes you do. And as you say it is quicker. Many people here do this, mostly with Freeport Forwarding and sometimes you can get others to pickup your packages or pickup packages for others. When I have a lot of parts waiting for pickup the I go to the states for the weekend and the money we save on importing costs helps pay for the hotel.
Grant

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Freeport Forwarding vs Border Connect...