Notices

Anyone in or near Montreal have an early 944 fuel pump they can lend or sell

Old 11-21-2013, 05:18 PM
elgy
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Anyone in or near Montreal have an early 944 fuel pump they can lend or sell

Trying to get my 924S on the road before the snow flies... all was advancing slowly but well till the fuel pump died. I'd like to avoid the week long wait. Or if someone knows an inexpensive local supplier.
Thanks
Old 11-22-2013, 07:49 AM
princej
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always get great prices from canton on hymus.

one of the staff there(I forgot his name) has a 944 and knows quite abit about our cars.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Afrigon01
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

A little advice from someone who knows. Before putting in a new (or used) fuel pump I would advise to clean the bottom of the fuel tank, change or clean the strainer and change the fuel filter. Otherwise you'll run the risk of burning another pump.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:00 AM
elgy
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrigon01
A little advice from someone who knows. Before putting in a new (or used) fuel pump I would advise to clean the bottom of the fuel tank, change or clean the strainer and change the fuel filter. Otherwise you'll run the risk of burning another pump.
Sounds like the voice of experience... I had to remove the tank for repairs since it was leaking from the top, the standard cracks that develop. So it is clean and the filter is clean too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone in or near Montreal have an early 944 fuel pump they can lend or sell