P4S 1st Gen and Canada

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 06:31 PM
455rocket
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question P4S 1st Gen and Canada

Hello everyone

Freshly arrived on the forum here as I'm looking around on the net for advice about buying a used P4S of first generation.

I'm considering getting a 2010 - 2013 and have been monitoring them for about a month on ads sites. Most show to have between 75 - 125K KMs
Looks like this is not easy for the sellers to find a buyer and this raises red flags.
For sure at this price any serious buyer will need to do his homework prior buying right ?

In short, the main advise is to buy CPO or get extended warranty unless buyer has deep pockets for the maintenance & repairs. I doubt I can get ext. warranty that for a car that old.

So mainly I wanted to ask my fellow Canadians what do you think about this car especially with our cold winters. I've read about PASM issues with cold weather.
Also a car that has the cam adjuster recall done will be a sign of diligent care by the owner.
Anything special I should be wary of ?

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:51 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

I can't offer anything specific on this model - not familiar with a 'P'4S (?) but definitely recommend a professional inspection on any used purchase.

Andrew at WeTune is a favourite, there are of course other shops in Montreal that you can look into.

Cheers

Matt
Old 05-24-2018, 09:28 PM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Mr. Turtles; 05-26-2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:36 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Panamera 4S? If so

We just had a 2011 in stock.. i have 6 that come to the shop on the regular. The cam recall has been likely done by this point but if not Porsche will only cover it if the cylinders aren't scored.. so stay away from a car that's had lousey maintence over its life.. you will either have multiple misfire codes or valve lift control codes.

I would be more concerned about coolant leaks from the water pump and coolant pipes in that area. T stat housings crack and o rings fail. A good PPI will find traces of coolant coming down the rear of the engine or transmission. Oil leaks are starting to creep up on valve covers and timing covers...

Intake valves love to get built up with carbon. Cleaning is needed every 50k or so. Oil consumption can be high as well (either bad cylinders or stuck piston rings) Fhe PCV system was sorta redesigned to help with burning oil

Front and rear control arm bushings are pretty soft as well. Make sure the mirrors fold and out properly
Old 05-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Greg, that's a good list. Thanks for sharing.

M
Old 06-02-2018, 09:23 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
Greg, that's a good list. Thanks for sharing.

M
We have a Panamera Turbo now in stock
Old 06-10-2018, 03:42 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts

I read this incorrectly and thought it was for a Sony Playstation 4

Quick Reply: P4S 1st Gen and Canada