Old 10-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Club Great Britain

PRIVATE MESSAGE FOR UK REGION ONLY!!!!!

Dear Fellow RegionMates

I used to be a memeber of the PCGB and enjoyed the magazine but my membership lapsed about 3 months ago and I havent got round to renewing or decided if at all i am going to renew it. The poll is to see how many Rennlisters are PCGB members too. (Helen, I know you are but pls vote anyway ) Is anybody else?
Cheers
Old 10-06-2003, 03:00 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am.

Mainly for the mag. Sometimes go to the annual big event.

Also, it's useful for insurance sources and entry/insurance fot track days.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:04 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am. Get discount at Sutton Coldfield OPC for parts. Magazine is good too.
Doing my first track day on Wednesday (in case you didn't know) and the members discount for the track day is the same as annual club membership...
Old 10-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Helen
Racer

just done a report for the PCGB directors on what members expect from the club.
one of the main points that came out was that members expect better/more discounts from being a member of a club the size of the PCGB.than they are currently offered.
we are working hard in correcting this. im going to an officials meeting next week-end were i shall be talking about this and hopefully between us we can start the ball rolling a little faster.

we also expect the clubs web site to up dated in the near future which is another issue that came out as needing to be addressed.

watch your Porsche Post for official anouncments.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Taffy
Track Day

Dave, fellow RegionMates, I'm a member and will probably renew at the end of the year when its up.

The PP mag is OK for classifieds, info etc and I appreciate the discount at my local OPC when I'm home..

I follow the PCGB forum but feel it isn't as open and 'free' as this one.. if you get my drift watch out with photos!!, no offense, for me its a tad too British old chap - perhaps I've been out of the country too long

Chau for now, Richard.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:35 AM
Helen
Racer

your correct about the PCGB forum and thats put alot of people off using it.

i tried to lighten it up a while ago and got shot down for being trival,posting drivel, and told all my posts had to be Porsche (car)related or i would be blocked.
a small riot took place on the forum, which has seemed to clear the air a little and the PCGB forum is now settling down and finding its neiche.

it is useful for finding info on events,cars and asking questions. as more people use it this can only improve.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:56 AM
pikey7
Drifting

I never bothered (even though I live in Sweden, I'm from the UK) as the only thing it would help me for *maybe* was lower insurance. I also drive a Triumph, and to be honest, I find the owners there a little bit banal, and also expected the majority in PCGB to be the same. Rennlist is much more friendly, and probably more useful!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Helen
Racer

i guess i've found that the more i put in to the club the more i get out of it.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Helen
Racer

im getting fed up with the PCGB members lack of interest shown in events. members only seem to be interested in taking part in FREE events.

Last edited by Helen; 11-26-2003 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:27 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs down

I used to be a member years ago but when I got my latest car I didn't bother rejoining. I don't perceive any real benefit from membership. I find Rennlist a much better discussion forum and I have a few members local to me so that I can always catch up with them for a bit of car-bore chat if I need it (thanks guys!).

Cheers,

David
Old 10-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Helen
I'VE QUIT THE PCGB.

im fed up with the lack of interest shown in events. members only seem to be interested in taking part in FREE events.
Helen,

I guess thats kind of skewed the poll a bit then.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:46 PM
C2MED
Instructor

I used to be a member for a few years, but I found that most of the events are just old boys club getting together for a drink in the pub, a bit off putting if you don't already know someone. Also the 993 register doesn't seam to have much going on. I will still go to the annual event but I won't bother joining the club.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:06 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I joined a year ago - will probably renew again soon. Its fine if you take it for what it is - a car club that offers some useful information about events and its a good way to stay in contact with Porsche GB. Other than that - it seems to be too much of an 'old boys club' with the higher echelons of the club almost cocooning themselves off from the rest of the membership - imho. Although to be fair, the BMW Drivers Club was the same

Most clubs tend to work when there is no 'club' as such; no hierarchy, no authority - just like minded people who get together and talk/drive cars - bit like Rennlist really!!

btw: Helen - if you quit over the hooplah surrounding 'that' photo - then good on ya!!

Old 10-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Helen
Racer

yes i got hauled over the coals for lowering the tone of the club and endangering it's public image.

i have to confess i have been talked into staying in the club and have just comeup with an idea for a charity run in a convoy of each type of porsche visiting all the regions in the PCGB and finishing at the national event at brandshatch with a lap of honour of the track.
now i just need some help getting sponsorship for fuel,ferrys,hotels,food drink,(and anything eles i can think of)Nav stat,getting the idea past the old codgers,and planing the route with stopping places.

if anyone has any advise or help i would love to hear from them
Old 10-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a member as I get 10% off my insurance - which is £57, compared to the membership cost of £45. I also quite like the mag and the advertisements therein.

Quick Reply: Porsche Club Great Britain