Notices

coming to the UK

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 01:34 PM
alred
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coming to the UK

i am trying to bring a us spec early 85 944 into the uk and was wondering if there was any major things that i will need to change.. i no the headlights will need to be adjusted and the rear fog light .. but will i need new side markers or tail lights
Old 01-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like no other responses to your post so I'll chime in with what (little!) I know.

I beleive your car will need to go through a Single Vehicle Approval before you can register it. I would guess that with the exception of lights the car should have no problem. As you mentioned the headlights will need to be changed for RHD versions, you'll need a rear fog lamp and you might need side repeaters. I don't know from when they were required but I would guess your car is right around the cut off point. That said I have an 89 LHD BMW that has never had them and it's never been an issue. Tail lamps should be OK.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:34 AM
jeffmaynard
AutoX

[QUOTE I beleive your car will need to go through a Single Vehicle Approval before you can register it. [/QUOTE]
SVA test not necessary if you can obtain a European Certificate of Conformity from Porsche (which is usually OK if the car was originally a road car); then you just need to show (original documents etc) that you have right-dipping headlights (stick-ons not acceptable), speedo in MPH and the rear red fog light.
More details from the direct.gov.uk web site
Old 03-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Pcar944
Rennlist Member

Why would you bring a US spec car to the uk? They're slower, heavier and have the steering wheel on the wrong side.

-mike

Quick Reply: coming to the UK