Notices

Side mirrors at risk!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Alessandro
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mirrors at risk!

Great lead up to Christmas! Someone just helped himself to the side mirrors of my 993 (LHD Aventura Green, if anyone offers you some). They were "surgically removed", not damaged or ripped off. Anyone in London (NW London) experience the same misfortune? If you park your car on the street, make sure it's in a well lit area. And if you hear of a pair of tear drops going cheap, please let me know.
Merry Christmas to all and watch out!

Alessandro
Old 12-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B4stards!

Course we don't get that sort of thing happening up here in Liverpool

Anyway, I doubt but hope you get them back. Insurance claim ?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:18 AM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Same thing happened to me several years ago.
Not a good feeling.
I think that people fit them to older cars.
I believe one of the Porsche alarms links to the door mirrors - but it may be more cost effective to just get new mirrors.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:06 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

at least these people did steal something in order (prop of course ) to use it on another car.....

i would not imagine that someone would try to steal something so special just for fun...

why i am saying that is because years ago, when i used to have my 964......i had parked it............... on the street, and have made sure it was in a well lit area. ....as alessandro said....

in fact it was in front of my eyes, when i was seating just behind the big glass window of a chinese restaurant, in the city center of oxford, UK. my car was in front of the restaurant, and the only thing between me and my car was the pavement!!!!

explain to me now why someone would poor a glass of battery fluid on the top of my car.....penetrating front bonnet, rear bonnet, both doors both front wing and rear as well!!!!

never found out why.......

Quick Reply: Side mirrors at risk!