Notices

INSURANCE COVER DURING SERVICE AT OPC

Old 10-05-2004, 03:17 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INSURANCE COVER DURING SERVICE AT OPC

Gents,

I need to solicit your advise and/or any experiences you may have had during servicing /repair of your Porsche at Official Porsche Centers - are our cars covered by insurance or not?

My friend's rhd 996 Millenium (who also owns a 996 GT3 and a fully-loaded Boxter S - and considering a Carrera GT-all through the same OPC!!) was booked for service at the Official Porsche Centre last June here in Cyprus. The day he was supposed to collect it, he received a call from the After Sales Manager that his car (along with a tax-free brand new Bentley Continental GT) were stolen the night before. We was assured, however, by all the "heads" at the OPC that he needn't worry as they would re-imburse him, either in money or with a new Porsche of his choice. The vehicle was recovered by the police about three weeks ago FULLY BURNED a couple of miles away from the OPC it was stolen from.

Yesterday, he received a letter from the OPC (undesigned by the After Sales Manager) saying,

"Dear Sir,
RE: VEHICLE REG. NO . . . . . . .
our request for compensation for your stolen vehicle to our insurance company (name witheld) has been rejected.

We urge you to apply to your own insurance company to settle the matter of compensation.

Thank you for your co-operation..."

So, are our cars insured during work/repairs at OPC's or not?

Please, I need your input/ideas/expertise on the matter.

Also should we inform Porsche AG about this?

Lastly, I must mention that we have been having a lot of problems with the said OPC, both in the sales as well as in the after sales departments - they keep on losing one customer after the other - of course they don't seem to care as their whole Porsche allocation is re-exported to Porsche dealers in the UK (cars here are RHD).

Thanks in advance and Best regards

Emilios

Last edited by emilios; 10-05-2004 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Isnt it odd that we dont usually consider insurance cover during servicing and repairs
Old 10-05-2004, 12:42 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Indeed, and it's a shame something like this has to happen before we start looking into the fine print..
Old 10-05-2004, 08:16 PM
garyw
5th Gear

I was on the understanding that the garage was responsible for your car whilst in their care. And even if just damaged they were responsible..
You cannot even be sure it was locked at the garage so you could surely not claim on your own insurance and win!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: INSURANCE COVER DURING SERVICE AT OPC