Notices

944 Turbo/951 Performance Parts

Old 07-18-2004, 05:38 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 Turbo/951 Performance Parts

Hi Guys

I am new to this Rennlist stuff but having found it thought it was worth making a post.
If anybody out there is fed up of the prices being charged by UK suppliers for uprated parts then hopefully this post may be of interest.
Have you noticed how in US Lindsey Racing charge $399 exchange for a dual port wastegate. In UK ProMax charge £499 exchange for a virtually identical unit. Over double the cost (worth mentioning that LR have a $300 core charge and ProMax charge £300 again nearly double) This is just one example, there are many.
In conjunction with English Motorsport Engineering I am going to be offering a similar Dual Port Wastegate for £330-350 exchange. We will not be surcharging for broken studs on exchange items either. We will also be able to supply manual control adjusters made out of aircraft grade billet aluminium (price to be finalised)
This is one of our first offerings however we are looking at exchange control arms for the late 944 and 968. These will be built with new joints, phospher bronze bushings and grease supply nipples. We believe that the nylon bushing and spring in the original Porsche joints are a weak spot and can be damaged by even the odd pothole.These items will be sold on an exchange basis and will carry a 5 yr guarantee.
In the pipeline are also billet fuel rails, fuel pressure regulators, dump valves, Intercooler pipes and high volume Air Filter kits. Please feel free to mail me for updates
Old 07-21-2004, 09:24 PM
87uk944t
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty sure that it is lindsey racings wastegates that promax is selling, i think promax must have some deal going with some of the american performance parts places, i myself have bought a lindsey boost enhancer from promax (which as you say cost almost twice as much as direct from lindsey), promax also seems to be selling guru racing chips as well as other parts now.
I have been considering upgrading my stock shimmed wastegate for a while now but the amount of outlay(price+core charge) has been putting me off so i might be interested in a cheaper dual port wastegate if one was on offer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 944 Turbo/951 Performance Parts