Notices

New M6 Toll experience with a cop.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New M6 Toll experience with a cop.

Drove down to London last week.
The M6 Toll was brill. Well worth the 2 quid. But I wonder how long it will stay so quiet. It was the weirdest drive coming back. Left London about 7:00pm. Roads faily good and I stuck to around 75. By about 9:00 (therabouts) I hit the Toll. I was the "only" car on the road and didn't even see one on the other side. Very strange feeling.
Hovered between 75 and 80. Then at one stage I saw headlights in my rear creeping up to me. After about 10 miles, the car overtook me. It was a traffic cop in a landrover. He passed me and gave me a thumbs up. Nice guy. I was doing 80.
I guess the road was extremely quiet and I wasn't taking the **** speeding....just a tad over the top at 80. But if all coppers were so
forgiving, wouldn't it be great?
Old 01-20-2004, 09:30 PM
burnsa
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Police are tolerant if you are not taking the p*** - they probably clocked you way back and watched what you did. Did you clock them? I guess they also appreciated the car - very nice too. I have gone up to 90 passing police and always pull back in safely once clear - not been stopped....yet. Had nice photo taken last year though!! But that's a different story.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Tim Ashfield
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are not all bad I was done for 98mph in a 60 limit and walked away with a fixed penalty. Quote "the only thing I could fault with your driving was the speed". However on another day with another copper?????????????????

Quick Reply: New M6 Toll experience with a cop.