Notices

Muffler shop in Orlando-area | Gundo Hack

Old 04-16-2017, 09:16 PM
stand-alone
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler shop in Orlando-area | Gundo Hack

Hey Folks,

In the Orlando-area and plan to do Gundo hack to my mufflers. Wanted to know if anyone else in the area has had a muffler shop do this and would already be familiar with it.

Please PM me or email TampaSRT@gmail.com

Thanks,
Old 10-09-2018, 05:39 PM
IzzYCarrera
8th Gear

Did you ever find a muffler shop in the Orlando area that will do the Gundo hack?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Ptech1
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzYCarrera
Did you ever find a muffler shop in the Orlando area that will do the Gundo hack?
We have a hotrod builder/fabricator next door who handles ours for us. Clean welds and getting pretty good at them at this point! Feel free to contact us for info.

Simon
Driver's Choice Motors
Driverschoicecalendar@gmail.com
Old 10-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

Why not just order the fister mufflers with the core exchange?
Old 10-12-2018, 04:40 PM
IzzYCarrera
8th Gear

Good question. Time and money I believe will be the reasons not to order the fister. Even if I go with the basic Fister + shipping plus the shipping of the core back. I also have complete confidence in Simon and the staff at Driver's Choice Motors .
Old 10-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzYCarrera
Good question. Time and money I believe will be the reasons not to order the fister. Even if I go with the basic Fister + shipping plus the shipping of the core back. I also have complete confidence in Simon and the staff at Driver's Choice Motors .
The mufflers show up, do the swap. No down time. They send a return label with your order. Just stick old mufflers in the same box and stick the label on. The refund of the core charge also happens as soon as they receive the cores.
overall a great buying experience and love the sound. You may save a couple bucks finding a muffler shop to hack up your mufflers, but they will likely never have done it before. These come with perfect welds and painted like new
Old 10-12-2018, 11:39 PM
IzzYCarrera
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Jeremy Hazeltine

The mufflers show up, do the swap. No down time. They send a return label with your order. Just stick old mufflers in the same box and stick the label on. The refund of the core charge also happens as soon as they receive the cores.
overall a great buying experience and love the sound. You may save a couple bucks finding a muffler shop to hack up your mufflers, but they will likely never have done it before. These come with perfect welds and painted like new
Thank you for your advice I will reconsider my options.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Saltybrad
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ptech1
We have a hotrod builder/fabricator next door who handles ours for us. Clean welds and getting pretty good at them at this point! Feel free to contact us for info.

Simon
Driver's Choice Motors
Driverschoicecalendar@gmail.com
Drivers Choice installed a set of Billy Boat crossovers and pulled the mufflers for a hack on our car. The work and sound turned out great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Muffler shop in Orlando-area | Gundo Hack