Notices

Tallahassee - Good Indy?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Mrg02D
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Tallahassee - Good Indy?

Hello,
im closing in on my first Porsche and am in the stage where I start finding others near me :-)

We have a dealer in Tallahassee that charges $375 for an oil change. I was hoping to find a good Indy here or nearby that I could go to for basic maintenance instead. If not, I'll learn to do the oil and brakes myself.

So, any nice Porsche people in Tallahassee that either do their own basic maintenance or can point me to a good Indy?
Old 01-31-2017, 06:20 PM
Brantley847
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had much success up there. I go back and forth between Tally and Orlando. PSI in Orlando is decent and has reasonable pricing.

Did you purchase in Tallahassee at Cap. Porsche? If so, how was that experience? I will be in the market again soon and will probably send my build sheet to multiple dealerships in FL.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Mrg02D
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Brantley847
I haven't had much success up there. I go back and forth between Tally and Orlando. PSI in Orlando is decent and has reasonable pricing.

Did you purchase in Tallahassee at Cap. Porsche? If so, how was that experience? I will be in the market again soon and will probably send my build sheet to multiple dealerships in FL.
Im still on the hunt for my first Porsche, just trying to line everything up first. The dealer here doesn't have much to offer in the way of used Boxsters, so I'll have to venture on out. Their maintenance prices are very steep though, hence my search for a good Indy. Routine maintenance, I'll probably learn to do on my own.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:46 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Brantley847

I know this is an old thread, but if you're still in the market, I just purchased a new C4S and was treated very well by Capital. My salesman was Michael Felton.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Fede-993
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRealBob
I know this is an old thread, but if you're still in the market, I just purchased a new C4S and was treated very well by Capital. My salesman was Michael Felton.
Hi I'm working in North FL too and currently my Porsche is here...
I'll move south within this year probably.
There's not too much actually....
My idea was to try to do as much as possible myself for small repairs and have the service done in Porsche (TL)...
Any good roads in the area?
Old 04-01-2018, 07:35 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

If my salesman is to be believed, Capital Porsche in TLH has some very experienced mechanics. Of course it comes at a price. Since I'm still waiting on the arrival of my first Porsche, I have no first hand knowledge myself.

In regards to roads, I've always liked taking 12 off of Thomasville Rd. about 10 miles north of TLH, and proceeding on to Havana for lunch. It does have a lot of blind cresting hills though, so use caution. Hwy 98 toward St. George Island is nice, and grab lunch at The Blue Parrot on the beach.

Anyway, good luck on the move south. I grew up in Miami, and then lived in the Ft. Lauderdale and Boca areas for many years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tallahassee - Good Indy?