Notices

Terrible experience @Stuttgart Intl. Collision Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
RainmanM3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Terrible experience @Stuttgart Intl. Collision Shop

I've just come through a nightmare repaint and external restoration of my 1998 993 C2S which I've owned since new. Stuttgart of Ft Lauderdale has been highly regarded for many years and has been the recipient of the local dealer (Champion) using them and sending them business. Things have changed and they are now letting there best people go because of lack of work. Their lot is pretty bare of cars. Perhaps what goes around is finally coming back around to them.

The ownership was confrontational and rude. They did not do work they agreed to, did not supply parts they agreed to, refused to do work they agreed to, threatened to scratch the car when confronted with the issues. Called me to pick the car up several times when it was not completed. Bald face lied to me on several occasions. Have not fixed pimples, runs and other imperfections in the paint, supplied a brake light lens which was cracked, asked for more money before they released the car (that didn't work). I'm being nice here. I would never again recommend anyone to this shop.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Should have used Joe at German Auto Works in Delray.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Am assuming your experience was recent.
I had my GT3RS has touch-up paint work to freshen up by Stuttgart and results were just fine. Must say I did not work directly with them. All was done through Champion Motorsport.
Sorry to read of your experience.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 AM
RainmanM3
3rd Gear

Default No way to treat customers

Thanks Ranger. It a was recent. This experience was off the charts. They'd say they'd do something then argue that it was too expensive or say they'd done it and it wasn't done. They'd tell me to order the parts they didn't want to get. At one point while arguing about the non existing progress, the owner said to take the car unfinished but then he threatened twice that he'd scratch the car up. Very aggressive, very rude. At the end with issues outstanding, I told them they wore me down. They just smiled.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 AM
lithium1330
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

that's really too bad if mgmt has since changed... I had them paint some aero bits a while back and color matched perfectly, people were great to deal with. It's shame even Stuttgart is falling into the sub-par service industry so common in S. FL.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:55 AM
RainmanM3
3rd Gear

The same guys still own and run it. I've known them and have used them for stuff like you since I took delivery in Nov. 1997. I've sent them business and they know it. This is the one thing that is so surprising to me. They know me.

Quick Reply: Terrible experience @Stuttgart Intl. Collision Shop