Notices

Werks Reunion Amelia Island 2019

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 12:18 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I've been going for quite a few years. Last year was the first time I drove my Porsche to the event. Here's what I do.....Werks Reunion is on Friday. If you plan on being there all day, pay the extra and enter the judged competition. Doesn't matter if your car is car show ready or not. It's not really that type of show, plus, you get a nice goody bag and much better parking. Right across the street is Goodings. You literally walk across the street. If you enter judged or corral, you're entered into the door prize pool, so keep your ears open. They also have plenty of guests they bring up on stage to speak to during the day. One of the few free things (except for parking) you can do on the weekend.

Saturday is Cars and Coffee at Amelia. This can easily take up all your time through lunch. Lots of cars in a non judged, parked on the greens, type of display. We usually park at the OMNI next door and take the shuttle over. Drops you off right at the entrance to cars and coffee. After lunch, we wander the Ritz looking at indoor and outdoor vendor displays and then head to the roof to watch the cars stage for the auction. Great way to pass the afternoon.

Sunday is the big show. Will be hard to take decent photos since it's too crowded, but, it is Amelia and speaking with the owners and other enthusiasts is half the fun.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:23 AM
tikka308
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Thinking about attending in 2020 (first time) - don't see anything about Saturday (cars and coffee) or Sunday ("the big show") on https://werksreunion.com/amelia.cfm - can someone post info on the Saturday and Sunday events?
Old 01-05-2020, 09:48 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 607 Likes on 297 Posts

https://www.ameliaconcours.org
Old 12-22-2020, 09:32 AM
Ufnavy06
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

So I've gone to this a few times, as an owner of a different marque, and I always tried to get scheduled for the "test drive" in a 911 but it's always booked up. I did get to drive both a Cayenne Turbo and a Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo at different junctures. How in the world can I get to actually drive a 911 if I attend this year (pending COVID status)?
Old 12-22-2020, 10:59 PM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Ufnavy06
So I've gone to this a few times, as an owner of a different marque, and I always tried to get scheduled for the "test drive" in a 911 but it's always booked up. I did get to drive both a Cayenne Turbo and a Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo at different junctures. How in the world can I get to actually drive a 911 if I attend this year (pending COVID status)?
easiest to just go to a local dealer

Quick Reply: Werks Reunion Amelia Island 2019