Notices

Titan motorsports totals car and screws the owner

Old 11-20-2018, 06:08 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Titan motorsports totals car and screws the owner

https://www.wesh.com/article/car-tot...damge/25231798

titan motorsports drives a customer car and makes an illegal Uturn causing and accident and totaling the car. Then tells owner to take a hike sorry about your luck. These guys are total scum bags. I would avoid these guys at all cost.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:31 PM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 58 Posts

A quick look at Florida case law on Bailments, seem to suggest that the disclaimer in a bit of fine print on the work order will not shield Titan of responsibility.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:57 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Yeah I think they or the tech actually operating the vehicle at the time of the accident should have some liability on this. Not the car owner.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:52 PM
titannero
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a lot more to this story that unfortunately I can't speak about at the advice of our lawyers. I had spoken to the new mere days after the accident and given them a statement, one that was heavily edited for the story they wanted to convey.... Insurance companies have been involved in this process, and the vehicle itself has yet to even be appraised, nor has the final police report been released.

Rest assured we're doing everything we can to make the client whole after this unfortunate accident, fortunately one in which no one was hurt.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:32 PM
Longwolf
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by titannero
There is a lot more to this story that unfortunately I can't speak about at the advice of our lawyers. I had spoken to the new mere days after the accident and given them a statement, one that was heavily edited for the story they wanted to convey.... Insurance companies have been involved in this process, and the vehicle itself has yet to even be appraised, nor has the final police report been released.

Rest assured we're doing everything we can to make the client whole after this unfortunate accident, fortunately one in which no one was hurt.
I am a long time friend of the the guy who's S4 was totaled. Here we are 6 weeks later and Titan has yet to offer any compensation or resolution. News crew is picking up the story again later this week.

"Insurance companies have been involved"....you have told the owner you don't have any insurance, and only his insurance is involved at this time.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:50 PM
subliminal
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like titan motor sports is about to be losing tons of business, probably would of been cheaper in the long run for them to just pay up.
The following users liked this post:
mr_bock (08-21-2019)
Old 02-28-2019, 09:40 AM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Titan is a bunch of a***hole s**bags I wouldn’t let them work on my skate board. We need to spread the word across this site to other threads (993,964,996, etc) as well as shame them on every other site. It is unbelievable that this clown actually thinks he can total a guys car and not take any responsibility for his actions.

Trending Topics

Old 08-15-2019, 09:22 PM
agrippinatit
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Titan - when are you going to pay for chris's medical bills ?

Lawsuit is an interesting read. Looks like you couldnt even pay for the guys parts and labor after crashing his car lol. I'd love to hear this explanation.

Last edited by agrippinatit; 08-15-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Titan motorsports totals car and screws the owner