Notices

Anyone rebuild Macan (95B) transmissions in Orlando?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 04:43 PM
AviatorTim
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone rebuild Macan (95B) transmissions in Orlando?

FS Tuning told me I need a new transfer case on my 2015 Macan PDK transmission. They said within the PDK trannies there's one PDK model that allows the transfer case to be replaced and another PDK model that requires the entire transmission be replaced. I'm currently waiting on Porsche of Orlando to confirm this.

First, has anyone heard of replacing an entire transmission just to replace the transfer case? Because, to me, that sounds absurd.

Second, if I do have to replace the transmission, is there anyone in Orlando who rebuilds Porsche transmissions in lieu or replacing it?

I say "in Orlando" because I assume the cost of shipping something that bulky and heavy would outweigh the savings of shipping it off somewhere to rebuild but if there's someone out of town who does it economically enough to that crating it and shipping it back and forth makes sense, I'm open for suggestions.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:39 PM
Porschetuner2005
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you resolved this issue with Porsche of Orlando? I'm not sure where FS Tuning got their information, but all Macan transfer cases can be replaced without removing the transmission. Also, none of the transmission components can be rebuilt. Porsche does not provide the tools or training to do this. Manual transmissions in sports can, but not PDK. As you did not state it in your post, what was the reason that you were told to replace the transfer case?

Quick Reply: Anyone rebuild Macan (95B) transmissions in Orlando?