Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Region Florida (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-region-florida-148/)
-   -   Need Porsche mechanic in Orlando, Florida (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-region-florida/1093315-need-porsche-mechanic-in-orlando-florida.html)

AviatorTim 08-25-2018 11:21 AM

Need Porsche mechanic in Orlando, Florida

Hi everyone. First time Porsche owner here (2015 Macan Turbo). Looking for a reliable yet economical Porsche mechanic in the Orlando area please.

Kindly,
Tim

zirrah 08-27-2018 03:24 PM

I haven't used them yet but Drivers Choice in Longwood seems to be the one of choice in the area.

pancing 09-06-2018 04:14 AM

Drivers choice is where I got my alignment done correctly.

AviatorTim 09-08-2018 09:08 AM

Thank you zirrah and pancing. :)

Juan Lopez 09-11-2018 10:22 AM

Call Zotz and ask for Eric (407) 294-0024

Tell him that Juan referred you.

steved0x 09-11-2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by zirrah (Post 15246834)
I haven't used them yet but Drivers Choice in Longwood seems to be the one of choice in the area.

I am 2.5 hours north and I have used them for suspension work, they did a great job, Simon and Mike, tell them Steve (with the blue Boxster and the shoes) sent you. Disclaimer: I am friends with them :)

PCA1983 10-19-2018 09:08 PM

Just trying to be fair here - there is plenty of scope overlap between Drivers Choice and Zotz. IMO Zotz is focused on the Porsche "track rat" sports cars, as is Drivers Choice. But Drivers Choice seems to have more focus on a broader range of Porsches.
I could be wrong but after just a few years here, that is my current thinking. I know what id do, but i recommend you check them both out and then make your own decision...

Kinnebrew Motors 10-23-2018 01:42 PM

The guys at Driver's Choice are great, but due to the fact that they are out in Longwood and we are based in Lake Nona, it is just too far for us. We use German Excellence over on the east side of town. Don is a stand up guy!

AviatorTim 10-24-2018 05:42 AM

Thank you PCA1983 and Kinnebrew. Driver's Choice was also far for me so I tried another shop. I won't bad mouth them in a public forum but they were a disaster. They told me what they "thought" the problem was but wanted to take it to Porsche for a "second opinion". OK. I kind of get that. Porsche has some very specific tools that only the dealership has (or so was the explanation). But it was a full week and I didn't even have an estimate for the repairs yet. So I took it back from them and made the drive to DC. The guy's there had me fixed up in a day. What a huge difference of waiting a week for an estimate vs being done and ready for pickup the next day. From now on, I'll just have to make the drive to DC for the best service.

No experience with Eric over at Zotz one way or the other. I follow him on Facebook. Seems like a solid, second option.

RKGT3 11-04-2018 09:55 PM

I have used DC several times and they been helpful for all my car needs and race questions. They are a good group of guys and glad to hear they helped you out.

Biohazard29 01-09-2019 09:20 AM

Agree with Drivers Choice. They do clean professional work.

AviatorTim 01-12-2019 01:39 PM

Agreed Biohazard. I've been using Driver's Choice and have been very happy with them. Nothing against Zoto. Haven't heard anything negative about them. Just tried DC first and have been happy with the service I've received there.