Notices

Ripped off - Anyone else ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 04:29 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by RADONCulous
The only "Porsche certified bodyshop" in the area...which I guess we won't name but is in Fort Laud / Pompano area screwed up multiple times on my car and it was a disastrous experience through and through...I just PMed the OP because it would not surprise me if its the same shop...
I just signed attorney documents last week, going after the same place, due to the following:

- Charged for labor not performed
- Charged for new parts and installed used parts
- Charged for new parts and did not install parts
- Charged and got paid by two insurance companies for the same repairs (insurance fraud)
- Incorrect re-assembly caused additional damages and thousands of dollars on additional out-of-pocket repairs
- won't refund money owed

...and I'm going to PCNA right after with all the evidence, there is no way Porsche Ag is supporting this business with the Certification. If anyone here has suffered through similar fraudulent practices from this shop, feel free to reach me via PM. I haven't been this pissed in ages, and I have had a fair share of unfair situations, but this one I won't let it pass. I don't care to spend the next few years in court, the longer it takes the higher the chances that I will own that place.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:39 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by A/S
I just signed attorney documents last week, going after the same place, due to the following:

- Charged and got paid by two insurance companies for the same repairs (insurance fraud)
- Incorrect re-assembly caused additional damages and thousands of dollars on additional out-of-pocket repairs

...and I'm going to PCNA right after with all the evidence, there is no way Porsche Ag is supporting this business with the Certification. If anyone here has suffered through similar fraudulent practices from this shop, feel free to reach me via PM. I haven't been this pissed in ages, and I have had a fair share of unfair situations, but this one I won't let it pass. I don't care to spend the next few years in court, the longer it takes the higher the chances that I will own that place.
Wow, sounds like a very unfortunate situation. Hopefully you get it resolved and if you do end up owning the shop let us all know so we can sign up for honest service. Hopefully I never need bodyshop services on any of my Pcars but what you have described is just not right at all. Good Luck!
Old 05-25-2018, 06:41 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

xxxxxxxx
Old 05-26-2018, 08:43 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I’m sticking with Orbit, been a customer for 10 years, not cheapest but it’s alway right.
Subscribed because chances are I’ve dealt with some of the accused in this thread.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:26 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Pompano?...Certified Porsche Shop?...is tis Champion Porsche?
Old 05-27-2018, 08:27 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

It’s a certified shop, not a dealership, is what OP writes.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:42 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 201 Posts

^ That narrows the list of suspects ("certified" shop)
Old 07-20-2018, 09:10 AM
karl1672
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any update?
Old 07-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

???
Old 07-23-2018, 01:10 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 201 Posts

The suspense is building......
Old 07-29-2018, 10:56 PM
evil panda
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by RADONCulous
The only "Porsche certified bodyshop" in the area...which I guess we won't name but is in Fort Laud / Pompano area screwed up multiple times on my car and it was a disastrous experience through and through...I just PMed the OP because it would not surprise me if its the same shop...
Originally Posted by A/S

last time i checked there's only one Porsche approved collision center in Broward. at least the last time i checked when i needed some work done on a Porsche (leased, now gone). there's another one in WPB and another one in Miami-Dade. so if we're talking PACC's here it won't be too difficult to tell who you guys are talking about.

i didn't have outright fraud in my experience with them, but did experience broken promises, poor communication, a terrible attitude and blatant disrespect from the primary manager that we dealt with.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:01 AM
flcat
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rather than get an attorney, you should have filed a complaint with the FL dept of agriculture consumer affairs/ FL atty general.
https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Consumer-Resources
They regulate the all autoshops, so ...... and it's free.

Quick Reply: Ripped off - Anyone else ?