Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The beginning of a Law Student's Porsche journey/obsession with an 87' 944

Old 07-17-2019, 02:59 PM
David Blackstock
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The beginning of a Law Student's Porsche journey/obsession with an 87' 944

Hello anyone who took the time to click on this forum thread.

This being my first post, I want to say I am very excited to join this forum as it seems to be a great community for Porsche addicts and enthusiasts. I have a bit of a Porsche obsession, and am 23 years old. Being a recent grad from business school and now going on to Law School this fall, having spent the last few years attempting to build a corporation and doing random sales jobs I did not have a large budget to enter the world of Porsche ownership. Fortunately, there has been a Porsche 944 on my street for the last several years that I have watched being driven every summer, I have asked this neighbor of mine if he would sell me his car for the last few years, and this year he finally relented.

Looking forward to exploring this forum.

1987 Porsche 944
[img]https://imgur.com/a/srtWzsB
Old 08-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

David,

Welcome to Rennlist! You originally started your thread in a Posting Guidelines Forum that doesn't allow responses. I have moved your thread to the 944 forum. Good luck and have fun!
Old 08-07-2019, 05:44 PM
968to986
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by David Blackstock
Hello anyone who took the time to click on this forum thread.

This being my first post, I want to say I am very excited to join this forum as it seems to be a great community for Porsche addicts and enthusiasts. I have a bit of a Porsche obsession, and am 23 years old. Being a recent grad from business school and now going on to Law School this fall, having spent the last few years attempting to build a corporation and doing random sales jobs I did not have a large budget to enter the world of Porsche ownership. Fortunately, there has been a Porsche 944 on my street for the last several years that I have watched being driven every summer, I have asked this neighbor of mine if he would sell me his car for the last few years, and this year he finally relented.

Looking forward to exploring this forum.

1987 Porsche 944
[img]https://imgur.com/a/srtWzsB
Looks like a pretty solid car. Costs add up fast, but if you can do a lot of the work yourself, that will help, though parts can still be pricey. Check out my thread:https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...ut-reseal.html
It’ll give you an idea of the work that a leaky engine might need, and though mine’s a turbo, most of the parts apply to NA cars as well. Have fun!
Old 08-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

1L and 944 are a toxic combination. Know where your focus should be (CP, tort, K, etc), and where your daydreaming may sometimes be (944). There will be plenty of time next summer to fiddle with the toy.
The following users liked this post:
AkechiMotors (08-11-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 01:16 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 737 Likes on 382 Posts

Welcome to the Porsche life! I started with a red 87 944 also!
Do a LOT of reading/studying on that car and try to do all the maintenance you can yourself.

Remember, it's not just the cars, it's the PEOPLE!!!

P.S. Join your local Porsche club!
Old 08-11-2019, 01:56 AM
AkechiMotors
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
1L and 944 are a toxic combination. Know where your focus should be (CP, tort, K, etc), and where your daydreaming may sometimes be (944). There will be plenty of time next summer to fiddle with the toy.
This. Your first year - and in particular your first semester - can be the difference between getting a job offer in three years and doing doc review. Forget the 944 and focus on school, and in particular, CivPro (it’s not at all as hard as everyone is going to think it is - get ahead by getting a good book on it and reading it before the semester starts).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The beginning of a Law Student's Porsche journey/obsession with an 87' 944