Notices
Rennlist Posting Guidelines A Forum which Set Out Guidelines for Posts by Users, Members and Site Sponsors.

V200 Change dictated by factory at last minute..

Old 03-17-2019, 03:29 PM
rwsteelers
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
Default V200 Change dictated by factory at last minute..

Would welcome perspective/advice on my 911.2 order which went V200 on Friday. My preference had been a GTS, being late cycle couldn't get the build I wanted. However, I was able to secure a slot on a 4S which I built out with the powerkit option. Thursday night I was reviewing options on the configurator and the powerkit was gone - turns out this was an omen. On Friday morning the dealer called to tell me that Porsche were unable to deliver on the Powerkit and were offering 1 year extended maintenance as compensation.

I'm sure the T&C's in contract allow Porsche this flexibility. That said, hard pressed to understand such a last minute change. One assumes parts are available (have to service those on the road), it was also offered as a dealer option for earlier 991.2 S's as a retrofit. I asked about this as a course of action if the factory couldn't deliver - answer, that couldn't be supported either. I have reached out to Porsche NA and they quickly acknowledged the issue, and are working it.

Have others had experience with issues like this?

Quick Reply: V200 Change dictated by factory at last minute..