Notices
Rennlist Posting Guidelines A Forum which Set Out Guidelines for Posts by Users, Members and Site Sponsors.

2018 Porsche Targa 4GTS -Transmission Issue

Old 03-01-2018, 11:36 AM
gbanks402
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Porsche Targa 4GTS -Transmission Issue

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.

I'm have a transmission issue with my new 2018 Porsche Targa 4GTS. I purchase it from Wyoming Valley Motors on Route 315 in Wilkes-Barre on Dec 28, 2017. Last Wednesday February 21, 2017 I took it for a drive on the Pa North East extension on my way back from Allentown I was going thru the Leigh tunnel. As I accelerated thru the tunnel the car felt like someone turns the gas off. A light went on saying there was something wrong with the “R “ gear –safe to drive. I got back to Bear Creek and filled the tank up and proceed to drive the car out of gas station. A new warning light came on with new alert safe to drive get to dealership. So I took my car back to Wyoming Valley Motors immediately.

They have had my car since. Yesterday I receive a call from Porsche service at Wyoming Valley Motors. They explained to me Porsche has check everything and they are going to put a new transmission in my car. They are ordering parts today. I have had the car for less than 60 days and it has about 600 miles on it. I am asking my Porsche friend what you would expect from Porsche. Is a new transmission enough? I did not lease the car I purchased it. Would you keep the car? How with this affect the value if any? Would you ask them to take it back? Would you feel comfortable keeping the car?

Your input would be greatly appreciated
Greg

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.

Quick Reply: 2018 Porsche Targa 4GTS -Transmission Issue