Notices

Messages not being marked as "READ"

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 09:16 AM
No_snivelling
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Messages not being marked as "READ"

I have searched for a solution to this problem but the only suggestion I found was to delete cookies and site data stored in my browser. I did that and still the same problem.

When I go into a thread and read the last message in the thread, when I exit the thread, it normally marks that thread as being "read". But lately it has become hit and miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.
If I try it two or three times, eventually it figures out I mean business, and then it gets marked as read.

I run into this problem far too often now, like every third or fourth message I read. I thought there used to be a button you could press that would mark a thread as read, even if you did not go into that thread but maybe I am confusing this site with another site. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I am using the latest version of Chrome 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Dell PC running up to date version of Win10 Pro (64 bit).

Cheers,
Tom
Old 06-07-2021, 09:34 AM
No_snivelling
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 128 Posts

I found a solution that seems to be working for me. Instead of loading the thread and then scrolling to the most recent post by selecting "Last", I select "Last" before I load the post.
Go figure.
The following users liked this post:
Robb M. (06-08-2021)

Quick Reply: Messages not being marked as "READ"