Notices

Posts being hidden

Old 10-05-2016, 12:24 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Posts being hidden

Something seems to be going on where some of my posts are not immediately visible.

I first noticed it yesterday in this thread when I went back to add a second post. The thread list for the forum showed that I was the last poster in the thread, but my post was not visible when viewing the thread until I made the second post. Then both showed up.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...l#post13648862

I didn't think much of it until someone pointed me to a thread in OT where people were seeing the effect with some of my posts:

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...l#post13640164

Since then I have noticed a few times this morning where I've posted and it is not visible when viewing the thread until someone (including myself) posts again to the offending thread.

This seems to be happening regardless of if I am posting from a desktop browser (Chrome), The old Rennlist App (iOS), or GarbageTalk (Android).

I haven't gotten any warnings about being moderated or anything, so anyone have any ideas what is going on?
Old 10-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Sounds like your account is in Moderator review status - posts don't show up until a Mod has reviewed/approved them.

You musta pissed somebody off.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:17 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

It's not all my posts though, just sometimes (and haven't caught one since I posted this message) and they show up as soon as another post to the thread is made.

I won't deny some moderation may be a good idea at times though

I did catch it happening to someone else with this post:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...l#post13653981

Like reported for me, the thread list showed that the post existed, but it did not appear in the thread until the next post came in.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:19 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm told some of my posts are being hidden again (e.g. shows as the last poster in the thread list, but it post isn't visible in the thread).
Old 10-10-2016, 12:28 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gnat
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm told some of my posts are being hidden again (e.g. shows as the last poster in the thread list, but it post isn't visible in the thread).
OK, now I've seen it (the quoted message wasn't displaying).

Interesting tidbit is that I still use the old RL app on my iPad and it shows the posts fine. If I look through a browser or the GarbageTalk app the message was hidden.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Posts being hidden