Notices

Classified ad rule violation? User comment selling his competing w/mine in my thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Classified ad rule violation? User comment selling his competing w/mine in my thread

I easily created a classified ad and thank the moderators for making that simple, see here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...nal-paint.html

Post #6 shows RL'er CT944 offering his for sale within my thread, which I think is in poor taste, very lazy, and an attempt to compete withun my thread to move traffic to him for his purpose of selling after I've spend quite a bit time taking photos, preparing and writing ad text.

While objectionable, I first scour the posting rules and can NOT find anything against this type of action. I report it using the red triangle and nothing happens, so I must wonder:

Is it against posting policy to post a comment in another's ad offering their own competing item for sale?
It seems the logical action to sell would be to start your own RL ad, but again, I don't see anything in the rules prohibiting trampling on another person's ads.

Thank you in advance
Old 05-26-2016, 03:58 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

That's a douche move for sure.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:06 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Post removed. It is in very poor taste to post an ad in an others thread.

Quick Reply: Classified ad rule violation? User comment selling his competing w/mine in my thread