Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Sale ad test

Price: $36,000 CAD or $30,000 USD
Year: 2003
Model: Carrera 4S
Color: Cobalt Blue
Interior: Graphite Grey
Options: Cobalt blue paint, BOSE stereo, 6 disc changer, heated seats, power & memory seats w/ lumbar adjustment
Mileage: 123,000 km (76,428 miles)
Important Information: Original motor failed in late 2005 around 30,000km under full warranty, replaced by Porsche under warranty with new 3.6L factory crate engine with the upgraded non-serviceable IMS bearing with VERY low failure rate - aside from the cobalt blue paint, this was the absolute deal-sealer for me when I bought the car, and the deal-sealer for the previous owner buying the car too. It's very rare to have the upgraded motor with better bearing design installed by Porsche under full warranty. Virtually no IMS worries with this car, no expensive 'insurance fixes' to purchase ie ceramic bearings, no losing sleep wondering if or when the bearing is going to fail. Just drive and enjoy knowing that these final revision motors had less than 1% failure rate - the 996 engine gurus even advise not to undertake any special measures with the upgraded IMS bearing engines.

To be clear, the car has 123,000 KM (76,428 miles), while the replacement engine has about 93,000 KM (57,787) on it. I have all the docs with exact mileage etc... Just not in front of me as I write this.

Recent Major Maintenance
-Coolant system flush @ 92,000km
-Clutch replaced @ 97,000km
-Serpentine belt replaced @ 104,000km
-Flywheel replaced (not resurfaced) at 106,000km
-RMS replaced @ 106,000km (bone dry still, perfect job)
-Complete & thorough cleaning of all radiators & condensers summer 2015 @ 110,000km
-Four new tires summer 2015 @ 110,000km
-Complete four corner brake job summer 2015 @ 115,000km

Recent Basic Maintenance
Summer 2015:
-I had the front bumper refinished as soon as I bought the car (bumper off, not resprayed on the car). Resprayed ONLY due to rock chips (not an accident) as I wanted it looking mint. I have lots and lots of pics, nothing out of the ordinary here
-Replaced front splitter when the bumper was refinished, still in mint shape
-Replaced original xenon bulbs with top of the line Osram Sylvania 66240CBI xenons
-New tires all around
-Replaced original motor mounts with Function First semi-solid mounts
-Complete cleaning of radiators and condensers
-Replaced sway bar drop links
-Replaced OEM cats and mufflers with Maxspeed 200 cell catted x-pipe and B&B catback muffler system, sounds amazing with zero drone! OEM cats come with car
-Replaced turn signal stalk
-Oil & filter change October 2015
-Stored in November 2015 w/ battery tender connected

Spring 2016
-Oil & filter change March 2016

Complete service file since the car was new, including original window sticker. Every service, part, quart of oil, filter, replacement engine (lol) ever purchased for the car is documented with receipts included. This car has the service history & documentation all us car guys dream of getting when buying a used sports car.

Car history:
-Originally purchased in southern California, owned by first owner for short period of time and traded back in to original dealer
-Second owner owned it for quite a while; original motor failed around 30,000km in late 2005 with the 2nd owner, replaced with new Porsche crate engine with the upgraded non-serviceable bearing under warranty
-Third owner is an Ottawa resident who flew down to southern Cali to buy the car off the 2nd owner; car driven from southern California to Ottawa where it lived for 6 years, only summer driven
-I am now the fourth owner, having purchased the car from the Ottawa resident in April 2015
-See recent maintenance list for service I've addressed since owning plus other major maintenance performed
-In October 2015, I drove the car 5,000km round trip to and from the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee; the car was absolutely flawless and confidence inspiring. My only issues on the trip were a wheel weight that came off in the twisties requiring a rebalance, and the steering wheel nut behind the airbag backing off a bit due to me not torquing it properly when replacing the signal stalk previously

Accidents: None. Clean Carfax. Rigorous PPI performed when I bought the car, and previous owner also had the car PPI'd when he bought the car, there has never been any bodywork or repairs done on this car (other than I had the front bumper re-sprayed due to rock chips, photos available).

Modifications:
-Maxspeed 200 cell catted x-pipe / B&B catback muffler system (Ahh. Mazing.)
-Function First semi-solid motor mounts, summer 2015
-15mm ECS Tuning hubcentric spacers on rear wheels only
-Center tunnel console painted Cobalt Blue
-Rear bumperettes painted Colbalt Blue
-All LED interior, frunk, license plate and engine bay bulbs
-Tinted windows
-OEM Porsche aluminum pedals
-Clear side markers (original pumpkins included)
-Custom Carrera 4S graphite grey floor mats with blue 'S'

Mechanical Condition:
Perfect. Absolutely nothing needed or issues to address. I would turn the key this afternoon and drive to the pacific coast in full confidence

Maintenance - all PM's up to date, complete service records since new, major items such as brakes, tires, clutch, flywheel all recently completed. See maintenance notes above. Can forward maintenance log on request

PPI: Welcomed and encouraged, at the buyer's expense. I had a PPI performed in April 2015 before I bought the car, which I am happy to send over to anyone that requests it.

Paint & exterior: very good condition. I had the front bumper removed and refinished as soon as I bought the car due to rock chips. Front bumper is now mint, hood has a few very small stone marks which were not enough to even consider respraying it, rear quarters have a couple small stone marks like all widebodies do. The paint itself is in EXCELLENT shape with little to no swirls. No clear bra to worry about replacing. The headlights have NO fogging or hazing and they've never been polished.

Paint Detracts:
-Some paint touch ups on the back edge of the doors due, not noticeable unless pointed out. One of the previous owners must have opened the doors into the garage wall over and over lol...
-Two small marks on the rear bumper which have been touched up
-Small # of small stone chips on the hood and rear hips
-Some curb rash on the wheels, never bothered me enough to worry about having them refinished
-Original owner apparently scratched the driver's side door right after delivery in 2003, and had the Porsche dealer fix the scratch. This is not listed on car fax or on any documentation, just words handed down to each owner as the car has changed hands. There is absolutely zero indication of where the scratch was or if there was any paintwork done - both myself and the previous owner have had top level paint guys inspect the car under lighting and no one can see any indication of paintwork.

Interior condition:
Absolutely mint mint mint condition. All 996 C4S came with the full leather - complete dash, complete doors, seats, rear interior, suede headliner, etc... The only things 'less than perfect' are the removable trim pieces finished in that crap soft touch paint from the factory. They can easily be popped off and refinished; I just never got around to it.

The leather, the carpets, the dash, the doors, all mint and maintained steadfastly with top of the line leather care products. The interior smells lovely without the use of any scents or air fresheners. The C4S leather seats are softer and in better shape than my 2013 BMW lol, the difference in leather quality is astonishing. Center tunnel is painted cobalt blue and is in mint condition too, and it looks AWESOME against the graphite grey leather interior. No broken parts, switches, etc...

Interior detracts: removable trim pieces (key hole, radio surround etc...) with the soft touch paint could be refinished. Ebrake handle has marks in it presumably from a previous owner that wore rings or bracelets and rested their arm on the ebrake. No big deal.

Sound: I purchased and installed Maxspeed 200 cell catted x-pipe with B&B catback muffler system. To summarize, AMAZING. No drone, super crisp exhaust note, and not excessively loud at all unless you're WOT. You need to hear it. Here's a video which gives you some idea if you have decent headphones but like all videos, still nothing like it sounds like in the flesh:

Final notes:
This car has been perfectly reliable since I've owned it, and there's no reason why it wouldn't be for the next owner considering all the big ticket items have been completed recently, and the car has been loved and maintained by all of its previous owners.

I absolutely love this car and had no intentions of selling it; but I've moved from into a downtown condo with only one parking space for my daily driver, and I've had to rent a second underground spot for the Porsche at a cost much higher than I anticipated. Unlike in my two car garage previously, it's also a pain now keeping the car in perfectly clean fashion as I like - I need to drive it to my office and pull it into my shop to give it a proper wash and detail as there is no water source in the underground garage. So, I've decided to part ways with it and give someone else the opportunity to own an amazing, reliable, fully serviced C4S in super rare Cobalt Blue form. Hope it stays in the RL Canada community.

Photos:

Name:  window_zps1wxg6a7n.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  505.3 KB

Name:  service_zpssydlryir.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  510.7 KB

Name:  DSCN1611_zpsl2dnkjmo.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  336.9 KB

Name:  DSCN1605_zpst34btyxm.jpg
Views: 362