Notices

Is there a setting so threads with gigantic pictures are viewable?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Is there a setting so threads with gigantic pictures are viewable?

Have checked out several for sale ads and the pictures of the cars are insanely large. Heck, my monitor is 2560x1440 and it still has fills up several screens worth.

So, is there a setting in my CP so when somebody posts a picture we can actually see it in a normal size? TIA
Old 07-29-2015, 12:05 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Hey, Dell!

It's actually a problem with the forum software - it should automatically optimize the size of pictures, but that feature has been broken after the last couple upgrades.

As a work around you can try holding down the Control key (Command key on macs) while repeatedly pressing the minus (-) key to reduce the size of the browser window. Hold the control key and hit the plus (+) key to bring it back to original size.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:18 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the tip Randy

On one Mac (Air) I use the 2 finger swipe outwards on the trackpad to do that, but on my Mac with a mouse that is a good tip
Old 02-09-2021, 12:12 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

In the vein of ex wives on reflection my biggest “purchase” regrets have consistently come down to misreading people, in my case in the form of bad hires. I’ve made many more good hires than bad, but going back 20+ years I’ve had a number of misses on people that were in hindsight smart but either overconfident or dishonest on some level. Experience has taught me to be hyper vigilant to the over-polished candidate that my gut’s not 100% sure about: these are the mistakes that transcend money and can follow and haunt for years.

Quick Reply: Is there a setting so threads with gigantic pictures are viewable?