Notices

Search and Replace Image URL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Don Carter
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Search and Replace Image URL?

Years ago I used to have a domain, "www.doncarter.us". When posted pics, I uploaded them to the web server and posted the link with the domain in the link. I didn't maintain the domain long term, so those old links are now broken, but the pics are still on the web server. Since these old posts are too old to edit, can an admin do a search and replace for this domain and replace with the IP address 209.160.1.100?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

That sounds like a heck of a lotta work, Don.

I doubt you will be able to afford the admin's hourly rate to do all that.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Don Carter
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 66 Posts

Randy, Search and Replace is a term used to describe an automated processes. In a relational database, it would be done with an UPDATE SQL statement. Very simple and quick. I'm not sure if it's possible or not in this environment, but as an IT guy, I figured it was worth asking. The forum software might even have that kind of functionality built in for administrators.

The admins have expressed concern in other threads about losing pictures in old posts, so I thought if it was simple and quick, they may be willing to do it. Since they have not responded to my post, it's probably not going to happen.

Quick Reply: Search and Replace Image URL?