Notices

Pictures on my thread - please, not about hatred of computers

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Bjbpe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures on my thread - please, not about hatred of computers

A week or so ago (maybe less) I wrote a thread about my difficulty with computers and how to include pictures on my thread. This was intended to simply be a request for very, very basic information but it turned into a social condemnation of Microsoft and their various windows programs. I guess it is fair to say that I don't particularly care for windows and got along very well using DOS and Fortran way back when. Admitedly, there are some things that Microsoft Windows are good for but I don't play games or other such stuff.

So, now, I would appreciate some basic instructions on how to put pictures on my threads both to the side and bottom. While some folks have tried to educate this old man, others say these methods are all wrong.

For the guys who keep things pure on this site, I'm presenting this as a technical question.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Bjbpe
Pro

Forgot to mention; I have the pictures I intend to use on PDF on Adobe and can go from there.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:15 PM
RedRaider1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All you need to know in a step by step video tutorial here.

Just setup a free account at www.photobucket.com, upload your photos to the cloud then and use the steps above. You can always remove the pictures anytime in the future by changing the hyperlink.

Let me know if you have questions.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:16 PM
MainePorsche
Nordschleife Master

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Barney,
Go to User CP, then select Edit Avatar for side pic and/or Edit Signature to add sig pic.
See these instructions from your last thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/11461466-post4.html
Old 06-30-2014, 03:27 PM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

edit; should have read MainePorsche's post first. Oh well, in case you need pics... below

Originally Posted by Bjbpe
This was intended to simply be a request for very, very basic information but it turned into a social condemnation of Microsoft and their various windows programs.
That's the "off topic" forum for ya, they tend to get off topic Incidentally, this post is off topic for the 928 tech discussion area, and is likely to get moved when (and if) the 928 mod sobers up.

So, now, I would appreciate some basic instructions on how to put pictures on my threads both to the side and bottom.
Ah, we thought you just meant pictures meant for a specific thread. Sounds like you want to add:

1) an avatar picture... the picture that appears on the left, under your name, and

2) a signature picture, that appears underneath each post of yours.

You can either hover your mouse over your name in the upper left of the screen in the new gray bar thing (red arrow), then click on CP in the list that drops down, or just click User CP in the toolbar (green arrow)

Once you get to the User Control Panel, on the left side, click either "edit avatar" or "edit signature", then scroll down to the bottom for the navigation to your picture. Not sure if you can use a PDF in a signature or avatar, might be limited to jpg and other image files
Attached Images   
Old 06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Alan
Electron Wrangler
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 429 Likes on 292 Posts

BTW you want to get your pictures into a standard picture format (.jpeg/.jpg/.jpe/.bmp/.gif/.png NOT a document format (.pdf).

You can attach .pdf files - but they will just be a document attachment and won't display.

Alan
Old 06-30-2014, 11:03 PM
depami
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 144 Posts

Barney,

I showed you how to do this back in May of 2013 when you were having audio problems.

CLICK HERE >>> https://rennlist.com/forums/10455794-post4.html <<< CLICK HERE

Did you ever get your stereo to work?

Last edited by depami; 06-30-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Bjbpe
Pro

Thanks to everyone for the help. To Mr. Depami, your help was very valuable. Indeed, I did find a speaker that was defective. I replaced both speakers and now have excellent sound.

To everyone, I've got the pictures in a couple of different formats so I hope to get this thing done in the next few days. I keep getting other things in the way.

Here in Wyoming we have a lot of critters on the roads. On the way home last winter we had what we call a ground blizzard. You can look up and see the stars but, looking straight ahead, you can't see past your hood; obviously this is caused by high winds and lots of snow in the air. I'm creeping along at about ten miles per hour and, wamm, I hit an elk. Didn't damage the car mechanically but I've been fixing crumpled body work ever since. One of my fixes (on the Cadillac, not the 928) fell apart today.

Quick Reply: Pictures on my thread - please, not about hatred of computers