0%
Option 2 of 6
0%
Option 3 of 6
0%
Option 4 of 6
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

My poll questions answered via a poll test.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 AM
JPTL
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 89 Posts
Default My poll questions answered via a poll test.

1. Why don't I see the poll items (button list) when I'm creating the poll - before the "Submit New Thread" button - even after clicking "Preview Post"?
    Answer: After clicking "Submit New Thread" as well as the "Create Poll" and "Number" there will be a pop up window allowing you to create the poll list before the thread goes live. You can change the number of choices in the list, but you can't edit the body of the thread (this part). There's a "Preview Post" button after you create your poll choices, but this only allows you to preview and edit your poll choices
  2. After I create the choice list, and submit, can I go back and edit the list items?
    Answer: Apparently not. I'm not seeing this option when I go back to edit my thread. After submitting a poll, the only editable portion is the body text (this text).
  3. After I create the choice list and submit can I add additional poll choices - or delete poll choices?
    Answer: Apparently not. I'm not seeing this option when I go back to edit the poll components.
  4. After I submit a poll, and I've decided to close it, can I remove the poll but keep the thread unlocked?
    Answer: There's a timeline option given when you first create the poll that allows you to keep the poll open indefinitely or to set the number of days that the poll will run. Since the edit function only allows editing of the body text, I have to assume all components of the poll itself aren't editable.
  5. Can I delete a poll after votes have been made?
    Answer: It looks like the only way to delete a poll is to delete it in it's entirety..if that's even possible.

Last edited by JPTL; 08-17-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Not sure if you were looking for a response, JP, but here's mine in red

Originally Posted by JPTL
  1. Why don't I see the poll items (button list) when I'm creating the poll - before the "Submit New Thread" button - even after clicking "Preview Post"?
    Answer: After clicking "Submit New Thread" as well as the "Create Poll" and "Number" there will be a pop up window allowing you to create the poll list before the thread goes live. You can change the number of choices in the list, but you can't edit the body of the thread (this part). There's a "Preview Post" button after you create your poll choices, but this only allows you to preview and edit your poll choices CORRECT
  2. After I create the choice list, and submit, can I go back and edit the list items?
    Answer: Apparently not. I'm not seeing this option when I go back to edit my thread. After submitting a poll, the only editable portion is the body text (this text). CORRECT - you can't change it, but a Moderator can if you ask.
  3. After I create the choice list and submit can I add additional poll choices - or delete poll choices?
    Answer: Apparently not. I'm not seeing this option when I go back to edit the poll components. CORRECT - but a Moderator can.
  4. After I submit a poll, and I've decided to close it, can I remove the poll but keep the thread unlocked?
    Answer: There's a timeline option given when you first create the poll that allows you to keep the poll open indefinitely or to set the number of days that the poll will run. Since the edit function only allows editing of the body text, I have to assume all components of the poll itself aren't editable. CORRECT - see Moderator comment.
  5. Can I delete a poll after votes have been made?
    Answer: It looks like the only way to delete a poll is to delete it in it's entirety..if that's even possible. CORRECT, but a recent change prevents users from deleting posts. See Moderator comment.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:26 PM
JPTL
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 89 Posts

Thanks Randy. Asked and answered.