Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 05:51 AM
John W
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Events Calendar ??

Hi people,

John,
I'm wondering if its possible to set up an event calendar of some sort.
It would be handy to see what events are on, and not just in the US, so if someone were planning a trip they could maybe meet other listers.

It would also mean that if guys want to make an informal beer & curry night, they can post it and all can see it, not just those in a given forum.

I'm not for one minute expecting you to have to enter the details for each event posted.
I was thinking that you may allow a couple of people (well respected gurus maybe) to enter the details on your behalf.
Or maybe add another forum that allows people to post events, but not allow others to append replies (just ask the person who posted the event to give contact details).

I intend coming to the US later this year, and would like to meet others while there, but without asking on the forums, have no idea if or when the guys meet, except at DEs.

Us UK guys have also started meeting (12 cars last night) and think it would be handy for us, so we don't clutter up the model specific forums if lots of "when are we meeting agian ?", "and where is it..." type mails

Its just an idea.
What do others think ??

Your doing a cracking job John, and in the interim we will be hopefully posting under the general area, and linking to it from our chosen model forum.

All the best.
John.
P.S. is it possible to find out how many listers you have from the UK/Europe ?
Old 05-31-2002, 09:48 AM
John W
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
ehem......

I just entered Rennlist through the front door, and lo, there is already a calender !!

How stupid do I feel now ??

That'll teach me to come in straight to the forums all the time...

Regards,
John.

Quick Reply: Events Calendar ??