Notices

Alternate forums

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 02:19 PM
adie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But surely that would mean if you modify your car you would have to join the lowly ranks of converted , you can hardly call bigger turbo, different fueling, different Ignition, changed wheels, race seats, bigger valves, stroked bored engines,cam swap, swapped exhaust's ect. purist can you, no, what you propose is that the forum is for stock cars, no modifications what so ever, and one for the rest inc, water injection, or even a wheel swap, or a different chip, my car has a Porsche gearbox, Porsche torque tube, Porsche interior, Porsche Wheels, Porsche brakes, Porsche body, Porsche seats, Porsche Rad and cooling system. if fact mine has more porsche parts than some of the purist cars , but I am the one who agree's not to call it a porsche, mine is either a 944 or a 924 , with your reasoning does that mean you will only be on the performance boards now See you there as I have a porsche to convert.
P.S. I tried that pissing contest thing and a guy with a skoda won, how on earth do you use the car to help, these crazy americans.
Old 08-27-2001, 03:38 PM
Carlos
Banned

Here's a better idea. How about a "PURIST WEENIE" board? In order to post your car has to have ALL Porsche parts down to the windshield washer fluid. Any exceptions would have to be approved in writing and notarized with the approval of no less than three (3) purist weenies.

Give me a break, wading through conversion info? Put down the crack pipe and step away from the computer.
Old 08-27-2001, 04:28 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Carlos and Adie:

You're raising good points - We can easily take our purism to an extreme, and so even guys like me who've modified our cars to include head work, or an intercooler, or alcohol injection, whatever, will have nothing to contribute to the 'pure' 924 area. It's a valid point.

I guess I take it that there's a dividing line at the long block. So many of the attachments for the car are pinned up to the block and head.

Plugs
Injectors
Manifold
Electrical
Cooling

It's arbitrary, but it's a dividing line that most people seem to accept.

Wouldn't you guys benefit from a conversion area? I'd think it'd be really cool to have a place where you can compare the problems and challenges of installing a Chevy versus a Ford, or a Chevy versus a Rover engine. Or to compare solutions you've had for transmission linkups, or the relative merits of keeping the same transaxle, etc.

Added benefit of your own place: No purist talk to distract you.
Old 08-27-2001, 08:34 PM
adie
Pro

Talking

I'd love to see a converted site, but I'd also like it accepted by everyone that the only people who can beat on about purism are the ones that have not attempted to change there car in any shape or form, however I also accept that this will never happen, if this is what makes them feel superior then so be it, I'm not going to sit here and think 'I wish I had the money to rebuild the original 2.0 engine and get rid of that nasty V8 cause it's just to reliable and sounds awsome', people that don't know who they are talking to will not understand the drive behind these things, they feel that it's alright to slate me, not my car, but if your ever in an ER dept. in London I just bet you would think a little differently when I turn up in my bastard V8 944 with a white coat on, as a woman not only is it hard to get on in Medicine but in the world of cars you guys make old school medics look like supporters for womens lib.
Old 08-28-2001, 08:29 AM
Carlos
Banned

Adie, I was having a hard time following the last part of your post. Did you say you're a girl? Honest, no flame.
Old 08-28-2001, 01:32 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

Adie, you said:

"I'd love to see a converted site, but I'd also like it accepted by everyone that the only people who can beat on about purism are the ones that have not attempted to change there car in any shape or form"

You're unlikely to get 100% agreement on anything, let alone this kind of issue. Do you think it's possible that for every purist who slams the conversion guy there's a conversion guy who has slammed the purist? Do you think the 'bad guy good guy' mentality is right? That all the purists are starting the fights? I can't believe you'd buy into that. I've met good guys and weiners in both camps. I've seen guys from EACH camp attempting to spew superiority on the other, which brings us back to the original issue:

If it makes for fences between the conversion guys and the purists, and if you don't need to feel superior,...why not take a piece of turf for yourselves? Rennlist seems willing to accommodate this request and give up a posting board for you, so why not act on it?

Old 08-28-2001, 06:30 PM
adie
Pro

Wink

Very astute, hence the reason for not joining in the testosterone discussions, sorry it's such a shock to you, but hey there's nothing better at the strip than beating someone in a FWD turbo or BMW, and when the lid comes off, just smile and walk. When the hammer drops, the bull**** stops, and it matters very little what you have between your legs.
Old 08-29-2001, 11:46 AM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

Uh oh...Adie is casually dropping her gender in front of Carlos...looks like a mating dance to me.

Good God! If they mated they'd probably have a child-car that looked like this:
http://txstreetracing.com/photo-albu...&image=003.jpg

Or this:
http://www.continuum.demon.nl/cartoons/lada_v8.html

Heh heh...

Old 08-29-2001, 03:05 PM
adie
Pro

I'm happily married to someone who is a perfect ten without his car, how about you sugar boy.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:51 PM
Carlos
Banned

Big, I have a policy. If you're going to bull**** me, make it believable enough so that if I don't call you on it, I don't look bad. What you're saying might fly with someone who hasn't read the posts, but I have. You and the other purists went ballistic over Adie & George. And the trash talking that seems to so negatively impact the purists generally resulted from attacks (personal and otherwise) from, not on the purists. Get your story straight.

As for your mating comment, one thing would be for sure. Any offspring would not be some snivelling *** whiner scared to drop the clutch.

That said, Adie, I was impressed with what you have done before I knew you were a girl, now I'm blown away.

To all the big dollar purists, beware. There's a girl here with a home built frankenstien who can knock the glass loose on your car. I love it.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:36 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

Adie: I believe you! As for my own status, it wouldn't interest you, because, after all, you're a happily attached woman.

Carlos: Your last post is evidence that you obviously blame purists for poor discussions here on Rennlist. Fine. Then surely you'll benefit from your own conversion area where purists won't feel at home!
Old 08-29-2001, 07:42 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Thumbs down

Carlos: You make the claim that it is the purists who are furthering fights on this board. You said:

"...the trash talking that seems to so negatively impact the purists generally resulted from attacks (personal and otherwise) from, not on the purists"

And then you urge me to get my story straight. I went over the lists and looked for exactly HOW Carlos has been passively sitting by while the purists have maligned him. I present the following round of Carlos favourite personal attack and invective for the record:

In the 996 forum, (and Carlos does not own a 996 - he just goes there to **** people off) Carlos writes:

"...Carlos from Spain, you're an idiot..."
"...Chris Johnson, you're an idiot too..."

Further down the list, Carlos conversional pal George adds:

"1. Carlos from Spain (idiot)..."
"2. Chris Johnson (moron) ..."

Carlos, of course, is abused by the purists, and he only defends himself, right? In Purist Killer forum Carlos writes:

"The purpose of the post was to irritate guys like you..."

I guess irritating these other guys was part of Carlos' "making friends" policy:

"If things like this really bother you, see a professional. The turbo boards are probably full of guys getting rich trying to help guys like you deal with their insecurities."

Carlos isn't beyond getting down and dirty - he can insult using threats of male rape!

"Too funny Darryl. Why'd ya ask? you lookin' for a date? I'm not gay but I've got a big black friend named Buck who is"

In Shark Bites 996 Carlos decides to be indirect, again, he's not 'causing' anything! That's because Carlos has been abused by the purists. So ANYTHING Carlos does is CAUSED by those big bad purists:

"You have the same problem as a lot of guys. You are so enamored by statistics that reality passes you by. The difference between you and me is this: I understand that my car is not really very fast. But for some of you guys to come to that same realization is somehow akin to losing a dick measuring contest"

And who can forget his graceful replies here?

"snivelling *** whiner scared to drop the clutch"

Yeah Carlos, It's all those big bad purists who are making your life hell, eh?

I took responsibility for purist mistakes in discussion here Carlos - I took 50% of the blame for discussions where I've been involved - especially on the 924 board. But as far as this thread goes, and others, I've watched you insult and malign people. When I see it's YOU that has the GALL to BLAME others for this divide between purists and others it makes me sick. For all your boo hooing about the purists in your last post, you've been pretty adept at insulting and attacking and you won't accept an offer for a separate area, and you won't accept civil talk about it. The above insults show you have contributed to and escalated the unpleasantness - despite your claims of innocence. You come onto boards like the 996 board, or the 924 board, start fights, call people names, enjoy doing it, brag about it, and then blame others for the unpleasantness.

Pity that whomever raised you failed to teach you about being a man - that very inept person failed to teach you about 'taking personal responsibility'. You may have a nice car Carlos, but you have no integrity - and what's sad for you is that integrity, unlike your Strosek wheels, isn't a bolt-on.
Old 08-29-2001, 09:58 PM
Carlos
Banned

BPG, those statements and others were made in response to statements from others. Even though it was done in an attempt use them out of context and defame my character, you did find some gems. If anyone takes the time to search back through the threads as you have done, they will see the context in which those statements were written. I don't appologize for anything I said. Some of those statements were responses to very negative personal attacks. And Darryl's cute coment about me being gay bought him a stinging reply that he richly deserved. You should have included the part about Buck having lost his taste for women after as stint in prison. I thought it really added to the post. Those guys, like you got into a gunfight and soon found they only had a knife to defend themseves with. And as you stated I'm pretty damned adept at verbal reparte. In all but a few instances my comments were light hearted and inteded to get a laugh. Now lets get clear about your insults. Your quote
Pity that whomever raised you failed to teach you about being a man - that very inept person failed to teach you about 'taking personal responsibility'. You may have a nice car Carlos, but you have no integrity - and what's sad for you is that integrity, unlike your Strosek wheels, isn't a bolt-on.
I don't find these comments light hearted and I doubt many readers will find them amusing. That said, I don't need you or anyone else to teach me about being a man. I learned that from my father and you couldn't shine his shoes. It's a shame you didn't have one like mine. Then you wouldn't feel like you have to stoop to tactics such as this. As for your opinion of my level of integrity, ya' know what they say about opinions.
My story is very straight
Old 08-29-2001, 10:01 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Thumbs down

I am not stooping I am saying that you are NOT the victim of purists. I didn't try to defame your character, I REBUTTED your claim that the purists were responsible for the woes of the V8 crowd. You and some others instigated attacks and gang bangs on people you called purists. You were EQUAL parties to the fighting.

NO my comments were NOT intended to be lighthearted. It's one thing to behave abusively on these boards, and quite another to eschew responsibility for it and even worse to blame others for it. I don't accept your unwillingness to take responsibility for it. Your comments were not lighthearted. Do you think these men liked being called IDIOTS and MORONS? Can they tell it is lighthearted? Or was it their own fault? They brought it on?

When you say you've been put down by purists, I'm trying to show you that is simply not true. You, and others, have been active aggressors. I've played my part, but so have you.

You escalated and in some cases STARTED each fight, by your own admission. And even if you HAVE the verbal ability to do better, you still CHOSE to insult and malign. And I'm in your face because you're blaming OTHERS for acts that you have a stake in owning. I'm calling you on what you own.
Old 08-29-2001, 10:59 PM
Carlos
Banned

You're "brave on the telephone" and we're all impressed.

Quick Reply: Alternate forums