Notices

Alternate forums

Old 08-16-2001, 02:20 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question porscheV8killer does that mean you have a porscheV8 killer or you wish you had a porsche V8 killer?
SWAMP MONSTER
Old 08-16-2001, 03:13 PM
Carlos
Banned

Good to see you back Adie. BPG got it up against the rev limiter on the whine o'meter again huh? I think I've got it figured out. The 15lbs of booost is created from a tube ducted to the interior so the driver can get his lips around it. The h2o injection refers to the moisture that enters the mix from his sniveling.
Old 08-16-2001, 03:59 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Talking

I see that Carlos' strongest suit is decidedly his car...

Carlos, given you're from the same place they shot the film "Deliverance", I wouldn't, if I were you, throw any stones - you might knock out a window on your trailor.

Sniff, sniff...
Old 08-16-2001, 05:02 PM
Carlos
Banned

BPG, seems like you know quite a bit about Deliverence. I knew I had seen you before. That was you on all fours in the sqeal like a pig scene wasn't it. Hell I would have never insinuated that you were a sniveling gas bag had known you were a famous movie star I would have treated you with proper respect. Sorry.

PS the only trailers I've been in are used to transport race cars and they don't have any windows. There are probably none like that that in your park huh?
Old 08-16-2001, 05:45 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

Ha! Sniveling gas bag! I gotta admit that's a good one Carlos! Your newly elevated wit is obviously there because you've tuned the bunny ears on your trailor to catch a Northern US TV station. It must be an eye-opening experience to enjoy your TV now and see that all the eligible women in the world aren't necessarily kin.

Old 08-17-2001, 08:12 AM
Carlos
Banned

So ya'll have heard of tv up there in the frozed wasteland? Another few years and you'll be able to stick a wire up your pet moose's *** and his antlers will pick up 253 chanels right there in the igloo. Tell the little woman to chew some walrus skin for me.
Old 08-17-2001, 06:55 PM
adie
Pro

, and since they have no currancy of their own
, I don't understand, our currancy has not changed, it has out queens head on it, you see we can do that, if you were to link your president's name to head..... we wouldn't be talking currency, the UK does not deal in Euro's yet so we still have the same currancy as always (yes I know it will be a matter of when not if but for now you need to rethink that one) oh and what would someone who thinks fine wine and restraunts means t-bird and a pizza know about cooking.
Old 08-18-2001, 02:41 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

Hey what's wrong with T-bird and a pizza?
Old 08-19-2001, 05:42 AM
adie
Pro

LOL
Old 08-20-2001, 12:19 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
Hey BIG whats all that on your home page about?

SWAMP MONSTER
Old 08-20-2001, 04:30 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

I wish I could say that was my homepage, but it's not. It's devoted to the 'sub moron' and I thought it was very very funny. It was also more politically correct than the one I posted previously called ...never mind...that one got me in trouble big time - very mean-spirited humour...
Old 08-26-2001, 01:18 AM
John Struthers
User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Adie and Carlos,
I'm all for a non-traditional
'build em' as you see fit board.
If I can hide enough loot from the wife I plan on a 861/2 -like the earlier body style-
street sleeper/brawler.
I don't recommed hassleing a guy who suggested a specialty board for us in the first place though. It's kind of like Judo you use the others guy's momentum to our advantage. Look he may not be crazy about us but he is willing to give us our own 40 acres. Let's also face the fact that there aren't a hell of a lot of folks doing the conversions so topics and info is growing BUT sparse. Which is a damn good reason to have a consolidated board ! WE can **** each other off when we get the forum, But we have to get the forum first!
I'm no peacemaker but,( and Carlos check this out ) I guess - no facts yet- they booted Snowball off the board. I can't imagine him just quiting and stripping the board on his own, archives included. I'm going to look hard at that.
Anyhow if we can keep the fences mended there may be hope for a V-8 + forum.
Thanks,
Beware of the E-Police.
Keep em' rolling.
John S. 82' Auto. 'Pattycakes'
Old 08-26-2001, 04:43 AM
adie
Pro

Wink

I think you have to go back a little further through the forum, it has at least a two year history.
Old 08-26-2001, 03:10 PM
John Struthers
User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Adie,
Right you are. I am fairly new to the forum issue. Actually, the closest I came to the issue was when Ed and some others and Carlos/Snowball and some others pretty well went through the gamut of argument to the point banter was getting a little personal.
To make matters worse it was an issue of
HP/Cost/and Results. And you know how that can get... when does a Porsche cease being a Porsche. Turbo-o.k., S'charger, no good.
Running the Track... O.K., Running the street ... a no-no.
Anyhow I'll keep quiet till I go back through the Archives. Fair enough?
Later,
Keep em' rolling.
John S. 82'Weissach, Auto. "Pattycakes'
Old 08-27-2001, 11:40 AM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

Smile

Adie has a point, I could tell when I got here there was a lot of bad blood between the purists and the conversion crowd and I kind of walked into that... I've only been here about 6 months or so. Again, I'd certainly be interested in any talk around putting a V8 in one of the FEWC cars (even the REAC cars when I'm on dope... [that's a joke]).

It's just that conversion talk is totally different from talking about the stock machine, and I don't think I'm any different from any other enthusiast in saying that I don't want to wade through miles of conversion thread to get to a question that is of immediate interest to me. Worse, I don't want to read about folks dissing the stock machine in our own turf area when they've done a conversion (i.e., My car is faster than yours, my Dad can beat up your Dad talk). And I'm not throwing stones here, as no one is free from having done some of that talk. It's just that I'd like to know when I'm in the 924 Turbo area, for example, that we're discussing the 924 Turbo. It's like chapters in a book - you know where to look by the title of the chapter and that organization keeps things straight.

It's a two way street: If the conversion guys have their own turf, then incursions into that virtual space will have to be respectful of the conversion concept, and if they aren't, or someone starts dissing the conversion car concept, then you can go to town on them with impunity...

Added benefit: Newbies will know where to find purist type information, and where to find conversion type information.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alternate forums