My 1 cents worth

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 12:12 PM
Wayne 993TT in France
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face My 1 cents worth

John,

I much prefer the actaully message layout, look,feel,usabilty,etc.
But what I REALLY think is bad is the fact its been split into so many different forums. Surely you only need diffent forums if one becomes so large its hard to follow threads, this has not been the case so far so why have so many?

I may have a 993TT, but I'm still interested in some threads about the 911 for example, but unless I go searching though all the forums I can miss out on things. Also (as stated before) there are plenty of times when things apply to more than one forum (like my switch question). Having the ability to cross post to different forums does'nt work well because people can get everyones opinion and does'nt lead to more interesting reading as it would if everyone puts there info in.

Anyhow IMHO of course. Good effort BTW as I'm sure you're not getting paid for all this.
Old 06-01-2001, 01:14 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The division, by type, has some advantages too - it lets one see only one type of forum should one want to. Or perhaps there is an option to actually view it in either way - just a thought since there seem to be many user configurable viewing options. This way, while we may sometimes want to just view one forum or go from forum to forum, at other times, we could just see it by posts with a column for forum name.

Some others seem to want to see all threads simultaneous with all original posts like in the old board. Is there an option for that that I am missing? I dont mind not having it because .. well, we cant have it all!

One thing that is really helpful is the yellow versus grey boxes which really cuts down on time to read what is new.

I'm hoping that people post feedback here so that we see only relevant posts on the various boards.

Regardless, as Wayne says, its a great effort with or without these little issues that are not even consistently in demand by all. Thanks again.

[ 01-06-2001: Message edited by: Ran ]