Notices

Suddenly deep browser history?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 09:33 AM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Suddenly deep browser history?

Just within the past few weeks I've noticed very strange behavior that effects the "back" button on pages loaded from this site. Normally the back button on my browser (Firefox 62, 64 bit, MacOS 10.11) will take me to the previous page I navigated from (for example the forum thread list). Now, frequently, the history seems to grow very large with no input on my part; the page I'm on might appear 20 or 30 times in the browser history before I find the page I was really on before opening the article or thread I navigated from. It's extremely annoying.

The problem only occurs on this site and it doesn't always happen. I think it may have something to do with replying to a thread, possibly the use of formating options (bold, italic, etc.) I thought it might have something to do with animated GIFs on pages, but I've disabled them in my browser and it doesn't help.

Have you folks seen this? Any ideas on how to fix it? It seems like the page I'm on is reloading itself over and over, each time creating another level of history. After a few minutes, the history is so deep I can't ever get back to where I came from and have to start over using the "Forums" pulldown.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Suddenly deep browser history?