Notices

The "New" marketplace - not a fan

Old 09-26-2018, 01:06 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts
Default The "New" marketplace - not a fan

Like most people, i'm slow to embrace change.
I don't like the new format of bucketing items according to model type.

Part of the fun in perusing the marketplace is to come across something I "need" serendipitously.

I suspect that will go away with the new format.

Craig
Old 09-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 668 Likes on 462 Posts

I'm not sure how the browsing experience is any different, other than there aren't many listings in the new section yet?
Old 10-09-2018, 04:22 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
Like most people, i'm slow to embrace change.
I don't like the new format of bucketing items according to model type.

Part of the fun in perusing the marketplace is to come across something I "need" serendipitously.

I suspect that will go away with the new format.

Craig
I agree....why fixed what wasn't broke....not even close to the same experience and will definitely impact people selling vehicles on this site.....as most love to browse and see what i want and don't need....doubt it will go away with the new format likely just won't look anymore.....
Old 10-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

hey gents,

You can still browse as you used to. Click on Parts or Vehicles in the header and a search pane will appear that enables you to browse or look more specifically. Is this what you have been missing?

cheers,
robb
Old 10-09-2018, 06:53 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
hey gents,

You can still browse as you used to. Click on Parts or Vehicles in the header and a search pane will appear that enables you to browse or look more specifically. Is this what you have been missing?

cheers,
robb
Yes that is similar.....I just loved the old layout....simple and easy to see a lot of info across the screen all at once....

Listen, I just hate change and will take any chance to bitch and complain about it
Old 10-21-2018, 01:26 AM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 138 Posts

I agree. I loved the old format. I am not sure why a new format was needed. I find the “new” format harder to tell when a for sale thread has been updated.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:52 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Klepper
I agree. I loved the old format. I am not sure why a new format was needed. I find the “new” format harder to tell when a for sale thread has been updated.
+1
wasn't broke
Old 11-27-2018, 10:26 AM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
hey gents,

cheers,
robb
The new format is OK with me.... but what I find super annoying is how the listings keep repeating themselves page after page. For instance....I'll see a few listing from page 1 on page 4. It seems that nothing is being kept in order like the old format was/is.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Hoyt
The new format is OK with me.... but what I find super annoying is how the listings keep repeating themselves page after page. For instance....I'll see a few listing from page 1 on page 4. It seems that nothing is being kept in order like the old format was/is.
I have had one member suggesting there were duplicate threads, which I have not been able to discover. Yesterday while browsing it did appear that threads were moving between pages very quickly, I assumed the forum was just very busy. Have you noted threads going from say a page 4, to a page 1? I am seeing threads on like the 1st and then again on the 2nd or 3rd, but I don't think I'm seeing stuff go the other way around.

Any info you can provide is appreciated, as I do suspect something may be amiss.

cheers,
robb
Old 11-27-2018, 10:47 AM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^ I'll keep an eye out and try to get you some screen shots of when it happens. It doesn't seem to happen every time I'm browsing, but enough to make it noticeable. And to answer your question....I'm only seeing it like the way you pointed out 1st, then again on the 2nd or 3rd, etc. I've not seen it "backwards".
Old 11-27-2018, 10:54 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Thank you, I appreciate it
Old 11-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

I’ve been emailing Bigs every month or so for a couple months. You can still filter for a 2 cylinder Porsche but NOT a manual transmission. $17/yr isn’t much money, but at some point you have to reconize one is overpaying for the product delivered by IB.
For the record, I have no interest in a 2 (or 12) cylinder Porsche.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:12 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

i wish i had an answer for why it’s taken so long to add this and to allow for race car VINs to work. sorry fellas.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:01 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

I’m just wishing mobile (apple iphone / safari) wasn’t hijacked so badly. I tried viewing a listing three times in a row and got a “congratulations!” popup with a jacked history and redirecting me to some lowlife ad. I just close it out and try again as that’s all I can do. It happens not once, but three times in a row and I just give up. SMH.

I know it’s low tech but why not just enable mobile users to fully disable the auto page load stuff entirely and use hard page links? That seems like it would fix it no? It’s been an issue on and off for years now.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

These are not something we are authorizing, they are slipping through due to poor advertisers. Our team our working at blocking them off. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The "New" marketplace - not a fan